PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 627 Comment 0
ALA_5255

20191119_WOR.jpg

In preparation for Papal Visit later this month

By THA SC

Bangkok, Thailand, 19 November 2019 -- Who is the Pope for the Thai Youth?

On the 20-23 November 2019, His Holiness Pope Francis will visit Thailand, a country where 94.6% are Buddhists [the total population of the country is 69 million]. Following this are the Muslims with 4%. The Catholics are only 0.5% [380,000] of the population. Let us now listen to the views of the Thai youth on "Who is the Pope for the Thai Youth?" and "How do you feel that the Pope visits Thailand?"

Ms. Monthakan Meunraya - 15 years old

Even though I am a Muslim, still i feel proud that Thailand will welcome the Pope, because he is the head of 1,300 million Catholics; he is a very important leader in the world. I appreciate that he gives good teachings, and has a role in changing society for the better. The Pope is so kind. For me, "the Pope is a leader of peace, compassionate, upholds religion."

Mr. Ananchai Pimprapod - 18 years old

I am visually impaired, a Buddhist and a trainee at the Skills Development Center for the Blind run by the Salesians. When i learned of the news that the Pope will visit Thailand, i feel very happy. For me, the Pope is the head of the Catholics who is compassionate who should receive praise because he helps mankind.

Ms. Irada Changthong - 18 years old

As a Catholic, the Pope is like a father who looks after the Church. For me, I define him as one who makes the heart smile. I am really impressed by his simplicity and peacefulness. On the occasion of his visit to Thailand, I have the occasion to welcome him and be part of the choir to sing during the ceremonies. I am happy and very much excited that i cannot express myself in words. If I have the chance to talk with Him, I will say to Him - "Your Holiness, you are a very special gift of God".

Ms. Yarinda Nuanlawat - 16 years old

As a Muslim, I think the Pope is the highest leader and the anchor of faith of the Catholics. I am impressed by His activities in religious relationship, in merit works and defense of human rights. I have three words to define the Pope: "simple, kind and funny". And on this occasion of His visit to Thailand, I am happy for the Thai Catholics. I am sure that the Catholics are happy. All the Thais should welcome the Pope.

Ms. Kotchamon Thammachot - 17 years old

As a Buddhist, for me, the Pope is the leader of the Catholic religion who is the representative of Jesus Christ. What I am impressed about the Pope is that He "washed and kissed the feet" of the 12 persons with aids. This shows that He does not divide and dislike people, making the sick feel that He is with them. I would like to define the Pope as "just, compassionate and kind". I am sure the Thais of all religions, especially the Catholics are very lucky because of His visit. I am also happy and honored that me and my friends in the Salesian Marching Band are part in playing the music to welcome the Pope.

On this occasion of the Pope's apostolic visit to Thailand, all the Thais, both Catholics and non-catholics, feel honored to welcome His Holiness. Let us pray that His visit to Thailand will proceed smoothly.

20191119_WOR0.jpg

20191119_WOR1.jpg

20191119_WOR2.jpg

20191119_WOR3.jpg

20191119_WOR4.jpg

20191119_WOR5.jpg

20191119_WOR11.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5741(III)_Kokopo Students farewell Instructors and conclude Academic Year

By Br. Attiso Joel, SDB Kokopo, East New Britain, PNG, 2 December 2021 -- Students, staff and the Salesian Congregation of Don Bosco Technical Secondary School Kokopo, came together from 30 November-1 December 2021, to farewell two members ...
    Date2021.12.02 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views580 file
    Read More
  2. 5741(II)_Youth Camp for Deanery One

By Isabella Saleu and Linda Vela Gabutu, Port Moresby, PNG, 2 December 2021 -- A camp for the Catholic youth of deanery one of the Archdiocese of Port Moresby was held with the objective to help young people discern in mind their vocation i...
    Date2021.12.02 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views640 file
    Read More
  3. 5741(I)_From Myanmar - reaching out to African families!

By Fr Francisco Biu Myanmar missionary in Juba (South Sudan - AFE province) Facebook (from Myanmar to South Sudan), 2 December 2021 -- Fr Francis Biu, SDB - the first Myanmar Salesian Missionary in Africa (sent in 2013) shares his pastoral ...
    Date2021.12.02 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views797 file
    Read More
  4. 5740_Jesus, We Love You!

Salesian Altar Servers Day By Cl. Leo Leung, SDB Shau Kei Wan, HK China, 1 December 2021 -- Is the duty of the altar servers just to serve at the altar during Mass? Being an altar server is definitely more than that! What we usually forget ...
    Date2021.12.01 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views7468 file
    Read More
  5. 5739(VII)_Korea ASC Advent Retreat and The Promise

By 대리청사목 Seoul, Korea, 29 November 2021 -- Korea ASC held its Advent Retreat and during the Mass there was the Promise. About 200 Cooperators, Aspirants, Delegates attended. Owing to the Covid-19 Pandemic there was no nationwide gather...
    Date2021.11.29 CategoryASC Reply0 Views3449 file
    Read More
  6. 5739(VII)_“Bart” Wins Continental Best for Oceania in the DBGYFF

By Ms. Lea Dasigan Tondo, Manila, the Philippines--North (FIN) Province, 29 November 2021 -- It was the last week of August when our team in St. John Bosco Parish - Tondo started brainstorming for the short film which would be our entry to ...
    Date2021.11.29 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views1238 file
    Read More
  7. 5739(V)_Four New Deacons for AUL

By Fr. Will Matthews, SDB Melbourne, 29 November 2021 -- On Saturday 27 November, during the vigil Mass of the First Sunday of Advent, four Salesians, Kevin Fiame, Eteuati Milo, Joseph Huong and Duc Tran were ordained deacons by the Most Re...
    Date2021.11.29 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views1392 file
    Read More
  8. 5739(IV)_Mr Bryan Magro heads World Presidency of Don Bosco Past Pupils

By Don Bosco Past Pupils World Confederation Turin, 28 November 2021 -- The last of the 3 days of the Past Pupils General Assembly opened with a 9:30am Eucharist at Valdocco (Turin, Italy) celebrated by the Rector Major and followed on LIVE...
    Date2021.11.29 CategoryEXDB Reply0 Views847 file
    Read More
  9. 5739(III)_6th President of Cambodia DBPP National Federation installed

By Mr. Sovannarith Cheam Phnom Penh, 28 November 2021 -- The Past Pupils of Don Bosco Association Cambodia's leadership gathered in the presence of their Delegate, Fr Roel Soto (SDB Delegate for Cambodia and Director of the Don Bosco Fo...
    Date2021.11.29 CategoryEXDB Reply0 Views528 file
    Read More
  10. 5739(II)_ASC-FIS Renewal of Promise

By Ms. Flora May Figuracion Cebu, The Philippines, 28 November 2021 -- Members of the Association of Salesian Coopertors FIS (ASC-FIS) from Cebu came together for a Renewal of PROMISE led by our Provincial Coordinator Ms Arlenie Sasan to li...
    Date2021.11.29 CategoryASC Reply0 Views2016 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 533 Next
/ 533