?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
20190413_ASC.jpg

Group interview with senior Salesian Cooperators of Australia

By Our Own Corrspondent

Melbourne, Australia, 12 April 2019 -- What makes you happy as Salesian Cooperators?

To follow the call, the meeting we have, which give us courage and friendship. Being part of a family and working with kids.
Coming together for meeting, catching up together. I’m happy to be as a family to pray as a Salesian family to attend the Mass.
To be a follower of Mary Help of Christians and to keep in touch with Don Bosco’s family, shared the spirituality and fellowship.
I look forward to our monthly meeting with Mass followed by meeting and light tea (dinner). I enjoy being a Cooperator and learning all about Salesians. The prayers and community together.

What makes you grow in your Salesian Cooperator vocation and mission?

We growth as we follow the reading which we learn about the closeness of Don Bosco. The ongoing formation we have at the Center.
To allow pray for our youth and to patient with my grandchildren and adult members of my family. We learn about Don Bosco and his life, vocation and teaching. At our meeting we learn about Don Bosco’s life and teaching, his work with the young. I would like to follow his way of dealing with the young. We learn about Don Bosco and his missions. I studied as a Salesian convent and shall believe in what I was taught there and loved the teaching also today.

What are the major challenges in your vocational growth?

As we get closer to Jesus, by having our meetings. The multicultural society.
Encouragement to keep praying and to be helpful to our parish community.
To follow in his footsteps, be kind to the poor and help them when necessary.
To deal with teenagers, especially in our own family. They face many challenges and peer group pressure. We have to learn to help them face their challenges. Mixing with other Cooperators. Spirituality, holiness and even constantly learning about Don Bosco and Mary Mazarello.

How do you prepare yourself for the accompaniment of the young or eventual future Salesian Cooperators?

To give a good example to our grandchildren to love and forgive one another. With prayer and getting strength from my group. Giving and leading by example. That the Salesian Cooperators continues long after we oldie have gone. To show a great example to them, tell them about Don Bosco. We don’t meet them. But we would like to share ideas and experiences. Try to speak about the Salesians and Cooperators to our grandchildren. To be an example to own families especially grandchildren.

What exchange among the EAO Salesian Cooperators do you dream about?

We can dream that we can meet them and learn about their lives. An online forum where we can exchange our experience.
That we communicate with them and exchange ideas. We don’t meet them! We would like to meet the Cooperators from the EAO – Samoa, Fiji, and talk about their work. Maybe one day experience life in Samoa, Fiji and learn about togetherness.

What do you expect from the 2019 EAO Formator’s Workshop in Cambodia 2019?

To know them and receive them as one another. A plan for moving further and forward for the future.
Need encouragement from them. We wait for some feedback from them. Move together with prayer and connection amongst us.

20190413_ASC1.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5758_Dossier by the Salesian Postulation 2021

World, 8 January 2022 -- Every January is called a 'Salesian Month' due to the large number of Salesian Family Saints from 8 January to the end of the month: January 8: Blessed Martyr Titus Zeman (Martyr of Vocations) January 15: Bl...
    Date2022.01.08 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views2084 file
    Read More
  2. 5757(V)_A Feast of Music

Music for January's feasts and beyond World, 6 January 2022 -- January is the busiest month of them all for Salesian celebrations of our Saints and Blesseds, beginning with Blessed Titus Zeman on 8 January, followed then by Blessed Aloy...
    Date2022.01.07 CategoryWorld Reply1 Views1669 file
    Read More
  3. 5757(IV)_“If you want something done, ask a busy person”

Fr. Tsuchiya, SDB (1934-2021) RIP By Fr. Michael Lap, SBD Tokyo, Japan 6 January 2022 -- Father Tarcisio Tsuchiya Shigeaki ,sdb entered Don Bosco's garden on 29 December 2021 at the age 87 and 68 years of Salesian life in Osaka - Japan....
    Date2022.01.07 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views13051 file
    Read More
  4. 5757(III)_Oratory Fun Day, Suva

By Afia Enosa DB Youth Centre, Suva, Fiji, 5 January 2022 -- The events of the day began with a prayer led by Dc. Atonio Lealea. Then, Bros. Peter Anh Vuh, Peter Minh Duc and Afi’a Enosa and a group of young leaders took the young thr...
    Date2022.01.07 CategoryPac. Reply0 Views4622 file
    Read More
  5. 5757(II)_Korea province shares the memory of Fr John Lee (+2010)

South Korea, 5 January 2022 -- 12 years after the premature death of the Korean Salesian missionary in South Sudan, the life story of Fr John Lee continues to inspire many in South Korea and beyond. Due to the pandemic, the 10th death anniv...
    Date2022.01.07 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views891 file
    Read More
  6. 5757(I)_Don Bosco My Thuan Community: Sports and Arts Festival

By Augustine DoPhuc SDB My Thuan, Vinh Long, Vietnam, 5 January 2022 -- On the morning of January 1, 2021, My Thuan Community (Vinh Long – Viet Nam) held a Sports and Arts Day to welcome the new year with the theme "Spring of Love" fo...
    Date2022.01.07 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views527 file
    Read More
  7. 5756(III)_A Moving Tale From Amid the Turmoil of Typhoon Odette

By Jan Odivilas Cebu, 30 December 2021 -- Three days before typhoon Odette struck, the home of this poor tiny girl burned down with 50 other houses. Her parents were in fact trying to build a make-shift shelter from parish donations when th...
    Date2022.01.04 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views1015 file
    Read More
  8. 5756(II)_Mongolian Past Pupil falls in love with Calligraphy and Don Bosco

By Br. Andrew Tran Le Phuong, SDB Ulanbaatar - Mongolia, 4 January 2022 -- Ms Mungunbolor graduated from Don Bosco Technical Institute in Ulanbaatar and since 2011 has been working in the school Administration. After graduation, she worked ...
    Date2022.01.04 CategoryMong. Reply0 Views1018 file
    Read More
  9. 5756(I)_Celebrating the Holy Family of Nazareth

By Br. Attisso Joel Rapolo, Rabaul, East New Britain, PNG, 4 January 2021 -- The Sunday of the Holy Family of Nazareth: Jesus Mary and Joseph, was celebrated by parishioners of the Mary Help of Christians in Rapolo on 26 December 2021. Pres...
    Date2022.01.04 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views678 file
    Read More
  10. 5755_Entrustment of St Michael's Myo Thit Kyi Parish to Salesians

By A. Maung Maung, SDB Myitkyina, Kachin State, Myanmar, January 3 2022 -- On January 1 2022, as we welcomed the new year 2022 and celebrated the solemnity of the Holy Mother of God, a new parish of St Michael's Myo Thit Kyi, in Myikyin...
    Date2022.01.03 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views938 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 537 Next
/ 537