?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 1170 Comment 0
Don Bosco Past Pupils Meeting 2019 (06).jpg

by THA-Cam SC

Phnom Penh, Cambodia,  6 April 2019 -- The Cambodian Salesian and FMA Past Pupils Association, celebrated this Saturday the Don Bosco Family Day at the Technical School of Phnom Penh. In 28 years of the presence of Don Bosco in Cambodia, excluding 4 years in the Cambodian refugee camps at the Thailand border (1988 - 1991), is already a lot of time to see the success of a good number of generations of young people. The Past Pupils Association prepared the event with a great care, attention and high communication, making sure all past pupils from the different Don Bosco schools in Cambodia, would feel involved in the program to pay a tribute to the Salesians and FMA sisters and to underline the feeling of gratitude. 

Mr. Vandy, a young man in his 30s, wore the T-shirt of the occasion that was offered during the program. He explained that he is not actually a past pupil of Don Bosco, but he works with some of them. "What attracts me is how my companions talked about Don Bosco and how every year they seem to feel a lot of happiness to joint together in their original school to celebrate. I was so curious of that feeling and asked my work companion if I could join... he said 'of course' and here I am... I really would wish to be a Don Bosco past pupil to have this kind of belonging," he said. Definitely, Don Bosco belongs also to you, dear Mr. Vandy. He is a father for all young people and he contributes to a best society. 

The main guests were, of course, the most senior Salesians and FMA sisters, but also some senior employees of the different Don Bosco schools in Cambodia, many of them working with the communities since the very refugee camps' times and now in retirement. The animators referred to them with a high esteem and gratefulness.

Don Bosco Past Pupils Meeting 2019 (15).jpg

Being in the Don Bosco kitchen for more than 20 years, is not just being a cook. It is being a real mom, a Mamma Margarita and the Past Pupils made sure that last night Ma Sok would understand that her mission is deep on their hearts.

The program started at 6PM with a ceremony of gratitudes for Salesians, FMA and senior employees of the Don Bosco schools. Some representatives from the different schools of Poipet, Battambang, Phnom Penh, Sihanoukville and Kep expressed their feelings of love and thanks for all what Don Bosco and their leaders have done all these years. The past pupils joint together to make a big donation of rice and some funds to the six Salesian and FMA communities. An atmosphere of gathering old friends, remembering old times and updating new stories came with a dinner and music animation.

Don Bosco Past Pupils Meeting 2019 (13).jpg

Father John Visser greeted by some of his past pupils who will call him always as Puk Thom (Big Father.) 

Don Bosco Past Pupils Meeting 2019 (12).jpg

Past Pupils of Don Bosco organizing the program with great joy to find their old companions and teachers.

Don Bosco Past Pupils Meeting 2019 (11).jpg

Mr. Chatchawarn Hunghual, past pupil of Don Bosco Bangkok and one of the first teachers in Cambodia, at the center of the big homage of last night in Phnom Penh.

Don Bosco Past Pupils Meeting 2019 (10).jpg

Although the absence of some senior Salesians, FMA and old employees, the Past Pupils were happy with the presence of a great number of them.

Don Bosco Past Pupils Meeting 2019 (09).jpg

This photo was chose by the Past Pupils to remind a history of good memories.

Don Bosco Past Pupils Meeting 2019 (08).jpg

Donation of rice to the Don Bosco schools "so the Salesians and FMA can continue doing with new generations of youth, the same they did with us," they say.

Don Bosco Past Pupils Meeting 2019 (07).jpg

Meeting old companions is a great joy.

Don Bosco Past Pupils Meeting 2019 (05).jpg

Offering of flowers to the Salesians, FMA and older staff as a sign of gratitude.

Don Bosco Past Pupils Meeting 2019 (04).jpg

The FMA sisters sharing in the gratitude moment by the Past Pupils.

Don Bosco Past Pupils Meeting 2019 (03).jpg

Fr. Leo and Fr. Roel during the gratitude moment.

Don Bosco Past Pupils Meeting 2019 (02).jpg

Br. Roberto and Fr. John Visser.

Don Bosco Past Pupils Meeting 2019 (01).jpg

From old to new generations of past pupils...

Don Bosco Past Pupils Meeting 2019 (14).jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5754(IV)_Saint Francis de Sales as the inspiration for 2022

Strenna 2022: 'Do all through love, nothing through constraint!' Rome, General House, 31 December 2021 -- Given the earlier experiment in 2020, this year too the traditional New Year gift (Strenna) of Don Bosco’s successor was...
    Date2021.12.31 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views1072 file
    Read More
  2. 5754(III)_Warmest Christmas greetings from Mongolia

Ulanbaatar, Mongolia, 31 December 2021 -- The three most northern Don Bosco presences in the EAO region are located in the Mongolia Delegation: Darkhan, Shuwuu and Ulanbaatar. For the past two years due to travel restrictions they have been...
    Date2021.12.31 CategoryMong. Reply0 Views612 file
    Read More
  3. 5754(II)_Christmas Joy of EAO novice in Africa

By Nov. Sunil Iqbal Don Bosco Sunyani, Ghana, Western Africa, 31 December 2021 -- Merry Christmas/Happy new Year from the Don Bosco Sunyani community in Ghana, Western Africa! We were told, that 25-40 years ago the first African SDB novices...
    Date2021.12.31 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views751 file
    Read More
  4. 5754(I)_Christmas at Don Bosco My Thuan Community

By Augustine DoPhuc, SDB VinhLong, Vietnam, 31 December 2021 -- Although the epidemic situation is still affecting people’s lives, the Christmas atmosphere is still very clearly expressed at Don Bosco My Thuan Community (VinhLong &nda...
    Date2021.12.31 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views1239 file
    Read More
  5. 5753(II)_Christmas Presents Distribution - A Meaningful Activity

By Augustine DoPhuc, SDB Don Bosco Tacvan Parish, Vietnam, 27 December 2021 -- At 7:30 AM on Tuesday, 21 December 2021, Don Bosco Tac Van Community (CanTho Diocese - VietNam) organized a Christmas gift distribution activity. Poor families, ...
    Date2021.12.28 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views618 file
    Read More
  6. 5753(I)_Christmas Act of Charity in Laos

By THA SC Vientiane, Laos, 25 December 2021 -- “Just an act of charity work...like Don Bosco”- this is the answer of the Vientiane Salesians who for the past 4 years have come on Christmas Day to share some food with those less ...
    Date2021.12.28 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1003 file
    Read More
  7. 5752_Dalat Community Cooperators Resume Their Activities

By Augustine DoPhuc, SDB Da Lat City, Vietnam, 24 December 2021 -- After seven months of suspending meetings because of the Covid-19 pandemic, on the afternoon of 16 December the Mary Help Of Christians Cooperator Center had a meeting and a...
    Date2021.12.24 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views543 file
    Read More
  8. 5751(IV)_The Best of EAO in 2021

22 December 2021 One year is slowly coming to an end. For the Filipinos it was 500th Jubilee Year of Evangelization, for the Salesian Family the 180th year of the Oratory, for the Past Pupils the conclusion to the 150th anniversary of their...
    Date2021.12.23 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views655 file
    Read More
  9. 5751(III)_Golden Straws for the Child Jesus

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam 22 December 2021 -- In order to raise the spirit of solidarity, love and create meaningful activities during the Christmas season for Children, the Catechism department of Don Bosco Tam Hai Parish (Thu Duc – ...
    Date2021.12.23 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views2097 file
    Read More
  10. 5751(II)_Course for the vocational trainees and the gathering of the Past Pupils

By A. Maung Maung, SDB Don Bosco-Myitkyina, Myanmar, 22 December 2021 -- A full three-day course for the trainees at Don Bosco Vocational Centre was held by the youth commission of the vice-province of Myanmar, from 17-20 December 2021, in ...
    Date2021.12.23 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views734 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 536 Next
/ 536