austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20230113_EAO.jpg

By our own correspondent

EAO Region, 11 January 2023 -- The countdown for the 2023 SF Spirituality Days has already started. From January 12-15 some 300 participants are meeting at Valdocco with the Rector Major and delegates from most of the 32 SF groups to share - exchange - pray - reflect on the Strenna 2023 'As the Yeast in today's Human Family'. But at the same time a few thousand Salesian Family members will follow the Valdocco world event online while some of the 7 Salesian regions will follow their own specific online program. We are glad to welcome also some participants from other regions who have registered themselves for the optional online group sharing on Jan 13 and Jan 14.

What do we expect from the 2023 SF spirituality days?

Some of the EAO Salesian Family members expressed their expectations ahead of this annual event: "I would like to deepen my faith, my Christian life, love and humility - to be Yeast. I would like to be animated just like last time in 2022. I would like to deepen my Salesian spirituality. I expect beautiful fellowship and spiritual growth. As an SDB I'm ready to learn from the insights of all participants that will help me in my ministry and personal vocation growth. Two hours of intense sharing, listening have been set up this year with the overhelming contribution of Salesian Youth (SYM) and Lay members of the Salesian Family - VDB, ADMA, Salesian Cooperators and Don Bosco Past Pupils.

Whom can you meet during the two EAO 2023 Spirituality Days?

First of all you get inside the hearts of Salesian Family members from Samoa (AUL-Pacific delegation), through Australia and PNG to Japan, Korea and China. This year not one of the 12 EAO provinces is missing! Then you can listen to the dreams and experiences of lay mission partners who are coordinators at the EAO regional level (missionary volunteers and DB Green Alliance). Round table with the 'Salesian Youth' offers a deep insight into missionary volunteering (Vietnam and Japan), the environment movement (Korea), the charitable work of Past Pupils (Thailand). But also a wonderful testimony of joint ventures of all SF groups in specific provinces (Philippines South, Thailand and Vietnam).

Who are the servants of these 3rd EAO online Spirituality Days?

Again, you will meet the moderators - young people from Philippine North province (Voc-Tok program team) who are visible on screen. But also we are very grateful to many invisible servants behind the screen - not less than 19 translators to Mongolian, Japanese, Korean, Indonesian, Thai, Tetum and Vietnamese. This year we are assisted by many 'new faces' - SDB, FMA sisters, VDB, Salesian Cooperators and Lay mission partners. The international IT team working together between Manila and Tokyo is the backbone of the whole event.

And what if you are busy and have no time to follow the LIVE streaming between Jan 12-15?

No worries! Both of the two hour EAO sessions (Jan 13 and Jan 14) are available any time after the event on the respective YouTube channels (SF-EAO-English, Indonesian, Japanese... etc) and the main - world stage - program from Valdocco (4 sessions - one each day from 12 to 15 January) on the English channel. After the event all 25 single EAO program video clips are available on YouTube for the possible animation during this year and beyond.

Spirituality Days are an amazing opportunity to grow, to be inspired, to share and to be energized

We still have time to invite one more friends to watch or join this inspiring event, to share the link or still to register for the optional mixed group online sharing. More than 150 SDB, FMA, Salesian Cooperators, SIHM, Caritas Sisters, DQM, SQM, Damas Salesianas, VDB, CDB, ADMA, Don Bosco - FMA Past Pupils and SYM members are registered for this enriching sharing. As one SF lay member writes: "I'm happy to be part of this large, beautiful and holy family!"

Resources - Links:

Related news articles:

2023-EAO-KOR-channel-advert.jpg

2023-SF-EAO-World-YOUTUBE-ENGLISH.jpg

AUL-lmp-missions.jpg

EAO-program-Jan-13-14.jpg

EAO-SFspir-days-2023-timezones+.jpg

EAO-translators-2023.jpg

Korea-SYM-environ-service.jpg

mix-group-graphics.jpg

samoa-prayers.jpg

Screenshot-(2998).jpg

SFSD-2023-Valdocco-4-days-program.jpg

VIE-asc-charity.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )