Fatumaca, Timor Leste, 3 January 2023 -- Towards the end of the year 2022, the Salesians in the TLS Vice-Province gathered in Fatumaca to celebrate the following celebrations:
- The golden jubilee of Fr. Rolando Fernandez, SDB.
- Christmas Party.
- Annual evaluation of the Provincial and his council, Rector and in charge of the community, delegates and in charge of commissions of the Vice-Province, the Provincial Economer office and the Salesian School Foundation.
- Planting Trees (Green Alliance Movement).
Those activities have kept the Salesians in the LTS Vice-Province busy towards the end of the year. Aside from the pastoral activities and mission that have to be fulfilled as the year of 2022 ends, the Salesians in the TLS Vice-Province also gathered in order to share the gift they have received from their Salesian Vocation.
On 29December of 2022, the Provincial and his council, Rectors and those in charge of the community, delegates and those in charge of commissions of the Vice-Province gathered in Fatumaca for the annual evaluation on the overall work have been done in the whole year. Bro. Amilcar Silva, SDB was the moderator of the meeting. During the meeting, the chance was given to each sector and delegate to present their activities and success they have achieved and the things they have not achieved. After each presentation, there was a time for interactions of interventions and clarifications, questions and answers for the better understanding of each presentation. Then Fr. Provincial, Fr. Anacleto Pires, SDB gave his final remarks to each presentation. The meeting was held amicably surrounded by Christmas atmosphere towards the end of the year.
On the next day, at the 30th of December 2022 all the Salesians in the Vice-Province gathered in Fatumaca in order to celebrate the Christmas Party and, the 50th priestly anniversary of Fr. Rolando, SDB and planting trees. The celebrations started with the Holy Eucharis in the National Shrine of Mary Help of Christians in Fatumaca. Fr. Provincial presided over the Mass during this special event of the year. The celebrant gave his homily from the light of the readings of the day, the constitutions and ideas on the Salesian Religious life in general. Then mentioned also the Strenna of the Rector Major for the Year of 2023 as he is inviting each Salesian to be the yeast to each other in the community before bringing it to others.
After the Mass, there were activities for planting trees, animated games that led day into a festive day full of joy and enthusiasm. The saplings were prepared by the SDB community of Fatumaca. Fr. Provincial, all the rectors and in charge of different communities in the Vice-Province were given chance to plant one sapling. After the tree planting, the activities proceeded to the animated games then followed by agape lunch prepared by the hosted community.
During the lunch there were presentations of dances and songs from each community and picking the lottery for the exchange gifts. At the end of the lunch and presentations, Fr. Provincial pronounced the obedience to all the confreres and gave his last remarks. During his last remarks, Fr. Anacleto reminded all the participants that:
1. The mission is given to the community. We need to work hand in hand in for the smooth-running in the Community in fulfilling God’s will and the mission entrusted to the Community.
2. There is no single fighter in our Salesian life and spirit. We need to work as team in the community. The spirit of synergy and team work is irreplaceable.
3. He further invited all the Salesian work together in fulfilling God’s will in our daily life as Salesian.
4. He asked each member to strengthen their community life, increased their spiritual life and their pastoral zeal.
5. Instil the transparency (openness to each other). He then concluded his remarks by requesting each Salesian to strengthen their sense of the Church (Synodality).
With those things in mind, the provincial iished all the best in the mission for the year of 2023 and onwards. Boa Jornada!