austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20190901_THA.jpg

By THA SC

Hua Hin, Thailand, 1st September 2019 -- Before the last full day of the EAO Fund Raising Workshop (26-30 August 2019, Hua Hin, Thailand) some participants shared their views:

Why do we need to foster local fund raising?

Donations from Europe and Western countries have gradually dwindled. So it's time to look towards our locals for financial assistance. This is an opportunity to foster a sense of solidarity amongst the local people even if they consider themselves 'poor'. There is always someone more in need of help than you. The contributions of the local benefactors may not be as much as the foreign donations but as the adage goes...many drops can fill the bucket. This is the way to go on in order to continue our salesian mission. It is easier for our local donors to witness our work for the young and that will motivate them to share in this responsibility.

Fr. Arun Michael Charles, SDB, Delegation of Cambodia - THA Province

I think this is a very important initiative for our organization. We should give more importance to this. This will probably save our time, and practically the mailing process as well. The organization will be more stable if we have local fundraising.

Ms.Tserenkhand Altangerel VIE - Mongolia

International funding is greatly reduced due to changing global situations.

This is a way of making the local populace become empowered/part of the development. We are doing for their own people.

Fr. Maglasang Eugenio, SDB, FIS - Pakistan Delegation

What keeps you going in your challenging effort to sustain the Salesian mission for the poor young people in your country?

I will answer this question on 3 levels:

• First, personally I see my work as paying forward the education and formation I have received from the Salesians, especially the pioneer Salesian missionaries. Out of gratitude and memory for the untiring efforts of the Salesians who have gone ahead of me, I wish to honor them with my own contribution.
  • Secondly, from the human and social point of view, there is so much to be done for poor young in our own country. In the Philippines, there are many young people who cannot afford a decent and quality education that would eventually lead them out of the cycle of poverty. The Salesian mission is primarily focused on these young people who need most support and pastoral care.
  • Thirdly, God has gifted me with my Salesian priestly vocation. This vocation calls me to continuously become a “Good Shepherd” among the poor and marginalized youth. Working and journeying with poor youth deepens my fidelity to this vocation. This leads me to a deeper encounter with Jesus, the source of everything in my life.

Fr. Edwin Ulanday, SDB, FIN Province

We are facing so many difficulties and challenges while serving the young of PNG and Solomon Islands, especially with the culture in which we are living. Giving hope to the young keeps us strong in our ministry. Challenges make us go deeper in to the reality of the young; they make us understand them well, understand their culture, situation and their needs.

Fr. Srimal Silva, SDB, PGS Vice - Province

There are three reasons:

1. The young of China really needs our service. They are evidently offered opportunities to discern God’s will for them together with us, though the situation over there might be quite tough.
  2. Though we must be spiritual, a spiritual person is at the same time a very down-to-earth one. We are fully aware too that without money, there will be no possible realization in our mission.
  3. We don’t only help one batch of young people once for all in each of our settings. We accompany the young generation to generation. We need a sufficient stability in our mission to do it.

Bro. BOSCO TRAN Dinh Hoc Hai, SDB, China Province

What did you learn/ were inspired by during these five days?

I have learned many valuable topics. Above all, first and foremost, I can make fundraising in my province. Secondly, there are many internal resources and capabilities, it is like there are many hidden treasures in my country. We can trace it out and make benefit from it.

Fr. Leo Mang, SDB, Myanmar Vice - Province

The Fundraising Seminar further developed my passion to do my fundraising activities especially in the FIN Province . Though I fully understand that funds from international resources are already depleting for a long time, yet having been working along this line for a long time now, I should say that the local resources can really be good channels to support the works, by using new modalities and techniques that many organizations are utilizing. We shall make use of our website, social media and develop further the traditional form of solicitation.

Ms. Rona Aurea Palma, FIN Province

This is my first time to attend such a meeting at the congregational level. So, it is a good experience to come to know the reality of the Salesian Congregation worldwide. This motivates me to have the passion and the responsibility to reach the children and the young people, especially the poor and less privileged who are in need of our help.

I am so inspired and grateful with the hospitality of the THA province. I have learned and experienced that every Don Bosco house is a family, and so is the Salesian Retreat Center.

Ms. Rita Serto, PGS Vice - Province

I was very inspired to listen to the voice and thoughts of the Rector Major and Fr.Vaclav Klement, the regional councillor, sent through video clips. They always accompany us and share with us their ideas and desires through these activities. We are trying to cultivate more Fundraising skills to serve the Salesian mission; more specifically through this training - to gain additional skills to conduct the Fundraising activities in every service environment. I acknowledged that the team for fundraising is still equipping us more skills, experiences and methods to implement Fundraising activities in the locality through sharing and presentation sessions, e.g. Mission office at the service of the province, Fundraising Principles, Annual reports to build credibility, Role of Social Media or Digital fundraising, Pillars of Communication, Steps to Sustainable Fundraising, Sharing about Mission Office of the FIN, Sharing of the representative from Bolivia, Communication skills to the donor, ... Of course I can’t put down everything I’ve learned here. Everything we learned during these training sessions will definitely be a great tool for our Fundraising activity. Certainly, the knowledge we learned here will be promoted and will produce definitely many results.

Bro. Peter Phi, SDB, VIE Province

20190901_THA1.jpg

20190901_THA2.jpg

20190901_THA3.jpg

20190901_THA4.jpg

20190901_THA5.jpg

20190901_THA6.jpg

20190901_THA7.jpg

20190901_THA8.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 6256_10th Salesian Games: “Harmony Leads To The Century”

By THA SC Banpong, Thailand, 17 January 2024 -- The Salesian Education Commission of Thailand organized the 10th Salesian Sports Festival to strengthen good relations among Salesian institutions and create a sense of what it means to be a S...
    Date2024.01.17 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views436 file
    Read More
  2. 6255_New Rector installed in Laga, Timor Leste

By TLS SocCom Team Laga, Timor Leste, 16 January 2024 -- Fr. Andre Belo, SDB, installed as the New Rector of the Community of Laga Laga- East Timor, 4 January 2024, Fr. Andre Belo, SDB was installed as the Rector of the Community of Laga in...
    Date2024.01.17 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views80 file
    Read More
  3. 6254_Quarterly Recollection in Hanoi Region

“The Dream that Makes You Dream" By Paul Minh Luận, SDB Hanoi, Vietnam, 13 January 2024 -- On Friday, 12 January, fifteen Salesians in Hanoi region (the communities of Duc Ninh, Hoa An, Nong Vu, and Van Phuc) gathered at Nong Vu to ha...
    Date2024.01.13 CategoryVIN Reply0 Views139 file
    Read More
  4. 6253_Christmas Fair in Hanoi

By Paul Minh Luận, SDB Hanoi, Vietnam, 9 January 2024 -- On the Feast of Epiphany, the community of Nông Vụ organized a Christmas Fair for about two hundred children, including both Catholics and other religions. In spite of the incon...
    Date2024.01.09 CategoryVIN Reply0 Views209 file
    Read More
  5. 6252_SYM – FIS Recollection, Planning, and Year-end Fellowship

By Raniel Paca Lawaan, Talisay City (Cebu) Philippines, 8 January 2024 -- From December 29 to 30, 2023, the Salesian Youth Movement—FIS Core Group gathered at Don Bosco Retreat House, Lawaan III, Talisay City, for their annual recolle...
    Date2024.01.09 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views271 file
    Read More
  6. 6251_Young people are challenged to be a light

By Shirley Gahekave-Numbos Port Moresby, PNG 8 January 2024 -- Close to a hundred children and youths from Sabama, Gabutu and Sere Kone came together on Friday the 5th and Saturday the 6th of January 2024, at Don Bosco Technical School, Gab...
    Date2024.01.09 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views267 file
    Read More
  7. 6250_MYM offers games festivities for children

By A. Maung Maung, SDB Anisakan, Myanmar, 5 January 2024 -- During the Christmas season, Games Festivals for neighboring children were organized at three different places by the Novitiate Community. Among them, the most remarkable one was h...
    Date2024.01.06 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views159 file
    Read More
  8. 6249_China: An Annual Retreat of Three Anniversaries and Seven Provincials

By CINSCO Hong Kong, China, January 2024 -- On January 1st, the Octave of Christmas and Solemnity of Mary Mother of God, the last course of CIN Province Annual Retreat 2023 concluded with the solemn Mass celebrated by Card. Joseph Zen Ze Ki...
    Date2024.01.06 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views229 file
    Read More
  9. 6248_Christmas… Sharing Love

By THA SC Bangkok, Thailand, 2 January 2024 -- Since the Covid-19 pandemic, the Thai economy has not recovered fully yet. This situation was aggravated by the influx of people from the provinces into Bangkok and vicinities. They sought the ...
    Date2024.01.02 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views495 file
    Read More
  10. 6247_Salesian Brother in the 21st Century: Identity, Fidelity and Leadership

By Bro. Raymond Callo, SDB Kolkata, India, 2 January 2024 -- The 9th Salesian Brothers’ Congress of the South Asia region is currently being held at Nitika Don Bosco, Kolkata, India. It is from 30 December 2023 to 3 January 2024. The ...
    Date2024.01.02 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views329 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 533 Next
/ 533