PGS
2022.09.30 22:25

5874(I)_Do all through Love

Views 417 Comment 0

WANTOK-Group.jpg

WANTOK Bosco empowers young people

By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB
Social Communications

Gabutu, Port Moresby, PNG, 29 September 2022 -- WANTOK Bosco, a Salesian Youth Movement activity, has resumed after a span of two years. 126 participants celebrated the enjoyable weekend in reflection, prayer, sharing and renewing their commitment of faith and action. The theme for the event was, ‘Do all through love’. It was held at Don Bosco Technical School, (DBTS) Gabutu, Port Moresby from 23rd to 25th September 2022.

The different areas were beautifully decorated by Ms. Joanna Eko and the team with the assistance from the Employment Oriented Skills Development Training (EOSDT) students. Sessions on the Environment, Self-care, Strenna 2022 and Social Media were facilated by: Mr Miwasa, Ms Tereza Sovová, Fr Angel Sanchez and Fr Ambrose Pereira, while the good night talks were given by Fr. Pedro Sachitula, SDB, Rector and Mr. George Isoaimo, member of the Pastoral team.

Mr George Isoiamo, Mr Jayson Jim, Mr Greg Kuheu, Mr. Vincent Numbos and Mr Leo Paraha welcomed the participants, gave them an orientation to the program, organized interactive activities and games and saw to the smooth flow of the program. Praying the rosary, nature meditation and celebrating the sacraments gave the participants an opportunity to dwell on God’s presence in their lives and boost their spirituality. A simple Serenade of song, dance, and poems to honour and express our love for Our Blessed Mother was coordinated by Ms Marian Dai, Mr Greg, and Ms Joanna Eko. The participants were nourished physically by delicious meals. Every meal was well ahead of time and was laced with love, dedication, and prayer by the hospitality team, headed by Ms. Adi Lydia and the team. The Eucharistic celebrations and nature mediation were occasions to thank God for the beauty of nature all around. This was concretized through the planting of fruit trees.

The participants enjoyed the discipline, sessions, reflections, group work and games. Several expressed their gratitude for being part of the camp and their commitment to share what they have learnt. A number of participants mentioned that the duration of the camp could be longer to give them time to deepen their experience with God and interact closely with the other participants.

WANTOK Bosco, is an overnight camp experience that highlights spirituality and faith. It is the climax of the youth clubs at Don Bosco Technical School, Gabutu. The members of the clubs meet regularly for formation, fellowship, and service. The DBTS club members were joined by selected members from the youth groups of Sabama, Pari, Serokone, Gabatu and volunteers who organize the Sunday Oratory at Gabutu. All the participants were reminded that discipline, follow instructions and are committed to live their life of faith as Catholics and Christian’s was a prerequisite for the successful celebration of WANTOK Bosco.

Similar gatherings were held at other institutes who had the occasion to gather their youth leaders at their respective venues. The participants look forward to the World Youth Day and plan to raise funds for the event.

Comments from few of the participants:

The Serenade to Mother Mary was our expression of thanks to her for her protection and guidance. We need to do it more often – Ryan Miwasa, 16 years, DBTS

I will try my best to be an advocate to young people who have gone astray and need to be brought back to the light – Ruthy Herivingu, Gabutu oratory animator.

One of the most touching moments for me was sharing amidst the serene atmosphere and in the presence of God. It has given me strength to deal with my personal issues – Ricky Maruk

Being without distraction (phone) has enabled me to be free. I have learnt about the good and bad sides of social media, first aid and understood a bit more about St Francis de Sales – Nanao Fidel Junior, DBTS student

Seeing the different young people coming together and sharing their personal experience during the sessions has been something that I liked most – Jessicah Isifu, Gabutu oratory animator

The WANTOK Bosco program gave us an atmosphere of reflection and prayer and gave us the reason why we do things. I liked specially the session on social media. – Freddy Lembo, DBTS student

Dance.jpg

Environment-2.jpg

Environment.jpg

Games-.jpg

Mass-on-the-hill.jpg

Pastoral-team.jpg

Prayer.jpg

Rosary-.jpg

Rosary-2.jpg

Serenade-.jpg

Session-2.jpg

Session-3.jpg

Session.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5874(I)_Do all through Love

WANTOK Bosco empowers young people By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB Social Communications Gabutu, Port Moresby, PNG, 29 September 2022 -- WANTOK Bosco, a Salesian Youth Movement activity, has resumed after a span of two years. 126 participants c...
    Date2022.09.30 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views417 file
    Read More
  2. 5873(IV)_Grateful for vocation growth in Pacific Delegation

By Fr. Petelo Vito Pau Delegate, Pacific Delegation Samoa-Fiji-New Zealand, 28 September 2022 -- We thank God for blessing the Pacific Delegation (Samoa, Fiji and New Zealand) new with Salesian Consecrated Vocations. At the present, we are ...
    Date2022.09.28 CategoryPac. Reply0 Views592 file
    Read More
  3. 5873(III)_Consistency, Coherence and Normality

By Bro Bernard Mei, SDB Trawas, Surabaya (East Java) – There are eleven young Salesians: six brothers in perpetual vows and five young priests (BALITA – in their quinquennium) gathered together for three days (September 15 &ndas...
    Date2022.09.28 CategoryINA Reply0 Views376 file
    Read More
  4. 5873(II)_International Congress of Salesian Social Works opens at Valdocco

Valdocco, Turin, 27 September 2022 -- After 24 years, this time at Valdocco in Turin, the International Salesian Social Works Congress opens on 28 September involving some 300 Salesians, lay mission partners and experts in this important Sa...
    Date2022.09.28 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views436 file
    Read More
  5. 5873(I)_First Thai Salesian Missionary

Rome 28 September 2022 -- Cl. BOONMEE CHARUSAKON is the first Thai Salesian missionary. Last Sept 25 he received his missionary cross at the Basilica of Mary Help of Christians, Valdocco. He will now study English for 1 year and then procee...
    Date2022.09.28 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views637 file
    Read More
  6. 5872_Happy and Grateful

By Bernard Mikoli Jakarta Indonesia, 25 September 2022 – On 24 September 2002, there are nine members of the Association of Mary Help of Christians (ADMA) made their promise before Pastor Lino, SDB who represents SDB superiors in Indo...
    Date2022.09.26 CategoryINA Reply0 Views512 file
    Read More
  7. 5871(IV)_DBVG activities (Japan) restart

By DBVG staff Tokyo, Japan, 16 to 18 September 2022 -- DBVG has done volunteer work in Chofu, Tokyo. DBVG (Don Bosco Volunteer Group) is a group of young people who have been volunteering abroad and in domestic Japan since the beginning of ...
    Date2022.09.25 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views546 file
    Read More
  8. 5871(III)_Living Laudato Si' in the EAO region

By our own correspondent Dili - Fatumaca - Los Palos, Timor Leste 25 September 2022 -- The 2020 Season of Creation (Sept 1 - Oct 4) is going slowly to the end and we may to share some small but important fruits from across the East Asia-Oce...
    Date2022.09.25 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views664 file
    Read More
  9. 5871(II)_Fr. Murakami Kosuke called to the Father's Home

By GIA province center Yotsuya, Tokyo, Japan, 24 Sep 2022 – Our brother Salesian Priest, John Maria Vianney Murakami Kosuke (89 years old, 65 Religious Profession, 57 Salesian Priest) was called to the Father's home at St John'...
    Date2022.09.25 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views470 file
    Read More
  10. 5871(I)_The passing of Fr. Lawrie Moate

By Will Matthews, SDB Melbourne, Vic, 24 September 2022 -- The Salesians of Don Bosco marked the passing to the Lord of Fr Lawrence MOATE on 21st September 2022 at Cabrini Hospital, Malvern Victoria. Fr Moate was born in Melbourne on 21st F...
    Date2022.09.25 Reply1 Views657 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 533 Next
/ 533