NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
ALA_5348

20200401_VIE.jpg

Interview with a young observer 

in the General Chapter 28: John Nguyen

By John Nguyen

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam 1 April 2020

What is your dream for Salesian (SDB) formation?

I believe that the SDB formation will bring a general program in training on the Identity and Orientation of Salesian young people. Particularly, the Handbook of Formation Salesian Missionary volunteer is appropriate to Vietnam youth. I really hope I could acquire some valuable guidelines on how the parishioner can be formed. My dream is that SDB formation would be an encouragement as well as a motivation to Salesian youth on the way to holiness.

What are your dreams for the shared mission with SDB and young people?

I have learned a lot from the Salesians whom I have met in my life by their strong practice of Christian faith and devotions. They are exemplary in their apostolic zeal, and specially they are warm, and care about the lives of young people where they live. Without doubt, where there is a Salesian there is certainly a strong pastoral predilection for the youth.

In addition, I think that young people should have more opportunities to become apostles for others by offering their talents and passion of apostolic services. Also, we want to say optimistically that we are young and lay people who have wonderful chances to do so in many different ways. We are working together with many Salesians who are always distracted by organization and arranging activities. What we need from them is a spiritual guidance for our apostolic initiatives and activities as well as for our life of faith. However, they do not have time to do so. Why do the Salesians spend a lot of time doing what other lay people can do well, meanwhile they skip things where no-one else can take their place? We expect the Salesian Brothers and Fathers to be spiritual guides, nourishing the Salesian way of inserting values of Gospel in the education - pastoral works!

I am dreaming of one day when all members of Salesians family would share mission together, and we would witness the values of the Gospel in selfless service and solidarity.

What is your dream for Salesian community/personal life witness?

We continue to make Don Bosco’s dream come true. I wish that every member of the Salesians family would always live the Salesian Spirituality, to bring an authentic love for the poor young people and continue to be animated by the spirit of “Da mihi animas”.

What did you feel in the holy places of Don Bosco?

When I was an altar-boy in my Parish, I was taught a lot about Don Bosco and Saint Dominic Savio who is the patron saint of all altar-boys. I have never imagined I was able to reach the holy land of Salesians and also the birthplace of Don Bosco. That experience will inspire myself to be better as a son of Don Bosco. That was an amazing and unforgettable experience ever!

Your experience talking to the GC28 young observers and EAO delegates?

When I came to Valdocco, I felt like coming back home because of the warmly welcome from Father Rector Major and from Salesians from all parts of the world, most of the 222 Delegates of the GC28 General Chapter. It was a privilege to be able to encounter with Salesian Mission globally and had an opportunity to connect with my fellow youth from distinctive parts of the world. I recognized how diverse of the Salesian family is. I hope that my experience talking to the General Chapter 28 young observers and EAO delegates would help me understand more deeply about how beloved I am, and how responsible I have to be as the son of Don Bosco.

What are your expectations for the path the Salesians will take after the General Chapter 28?

Generally, I pray for every plan and especially for the GC28 expectation in the next 6 years, I honestly desire that GC28 will help all parts of Salesian family come closer with Jesus. On the occasion of the feast of St. Don Bosco, he sent the annual message of the Rector Major to all Young People around the world, and he said: “The most precious thing are not the schools, nor the sports facilities, nor the universities, nor the oratories, nor the reception centers. The most precious thing we have is Jesus Christ, who conquered us and made us fall in love.” Most importantly, we also hope the Salesians teach us how to obtain that value.

Thank you and God bless you all.

Related news articles:

20200401_VIE0.jpg

20200401_VIE1.jpg

20200401_VIE2.jpg

20200401_VIE3.jpg

20200401_VIE4.jpg

20200401_VIE5.jpg

20200401_VIE6.jpg

20200401_VIE7.jpg

20200401_VIE8.jpg
Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )
  • vaclav 2020.04.02 13:55

This is great! thank you 

(John - VIETNAM)

• vaclav 2020.04.02 13:57
    I like it this news a lot!
    Like Don Rua I will try to be a Don Bosco, introducing Jesus to young people today.
    I wish you good health...
    Joseph (Vietnamese missionary)
  • vaclav 2020.04.02 13:58
    Thank you for sending me such a nice article
    God bless you and hopefully, 
    St. John Bosco always accompanies you.
    Dang (Vietnam)

1. 5350(II)_GC28: Strong motivation to be more Salesian!

ALA_5350 Salesian Brother reflects on the GC28 experience By Salesian Brother Alphonse Vu Delegate for Youth Ministry (SUO province) San Francisco USA, 4 April 2020 -- It has been a little over two weeks since I returned from the General Ch...
    Date2020.04.05 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views642 file
    Read More
  2. 5350(I)_Global Salesian Family solidarity in difficult times

ALA_5350 A real volcano of Salesian solidarity with suffering people EAO Region, 2 April, 2020 -- There is a strong feeling that the Salesian Family all around the world is also concerned about 'the others around' with a broad variety of he...
    Date2020.04.05 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views908 file
    Read More
  3. 5349_Life-Sharing: An attractive way of Salesian communicating

ALA_5349 Short video clips 'Life-Sharing' by young Khmer Salesian By our own correspondent Cambodia Delegation, 2 April 2020 -- "Follow me! - Like! - Share!" - You may receive many of these invitations on the social media networks. We are p...
    Date2020.04.02 CategoryCamb. Reply1 Views737 file
    Read More
  4. 5348(III)_Young people dream about the Salesians: Vietnam

ALA_5348 Interview with a young observer in the General Chapter 28: John Nguyen By John Nguyen Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam 1 April 2020 What is your dream for Salesian (SDB) formation? I believe that the SDB formation will bring a general pro...
    Date2020.04.01 CategoryVIE Reply3 Views1600 file
    Read More
  5. 5348(II)_Help us to become real mission partners

ALA_5348 Interview with GC28 invited observer - Ms. Phyllis Tang By Ms. Phyllis Tang Youth Ministry Office, China Province, Hong Kong , 30 March 2020 -- This is Phyllis from Hong Kong. I was longing to join the General Chapter not mainly to...
    Date2020.04.01 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views1739 file
    Read More
  6. 5348(I)_Gratitude for SMVS – Salesian Mission Volunteer Service

ALA_5348 By Lauren Hichaaba PDMA for the AUL Province and Director of the Cagliero Project Australia-Pacific, 31 March 2020 -- In the midst of great distress and difficulty it is natural to be propelled into deep reflection about our lives,...
    Date2020.04.01 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views698 file
    Read More
  7. 5347(VI)_Perpetual Profession And First Profession as Religious of Sisters Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary [SIHM]

ALA_5347 "...nothing is impossible with God" [Lk 1,37] By SIHM SC Ratchaburi, Thailand, 27 March 2020 -- On 25 March 2020, on the occasion of Solemnity of the Annunciation, two members of the Sisters Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary...
    Date2020.03.28 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views614 file
    Read More
  8. 5347(V)_ANGELS’ WORKSHOP IN ACTION: Helping Fight COVID-19

ALA_5347 By Fr. Vitaliano Chito Dimaranan, SDB Rector/President Mandaluyong City, the Philippines, 27 March 2020 -- St John Bosco is credited to have said that “idleness is the workshop of the devil.” He could not have made a better choice ...
    Date2020.03.28 CategoryFIN Reply1 Views417 file
    Read More
  9. 5347(VI)_'Kindness Station' open in Salesian Parish

ALA_5347 First the poor - Mayapa Parish community (FIN) By our own correspondent Mayapa, Philippines, 27 March 2020 -- Active already for one week, the Kindness Station at Mary Help of Christians parish in Mayapa (Calamba City, Luzon Island...
    Date2020.03.28 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views470 file
    Read More
  10. 5347(III)_Without Mamma Margaret we can't imagine the Valdocco of Don Bosco

ALA_5347 Sign of gratitude to all 66,000 Salesian parents - statue of Mamma Margaret The world, March 2020 -- One of the memorable moments of GC28 was the blessing of the Mamma Margaret statue in front of 'Casa Don Bosco' (Don Bosco House) ...
    Date2020.03.28 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views725 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 ... 536 Next
/ 536