?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

Screenshot-(2864).jpg

Third annual Interview with the Rector Major - 2022

Valdocco, 3 January 2023 -- The 'innocent' charismatic question of General Chapter 28: “What kind of Salesians for the Youth of Today?” is echoed around the world in many different ways, including through the recent round of 91 SDB provincial chapters. Already the third annual appointment since GC28, again moderated by Fr Silvio Roggia, Rector of the 'Ceferino Namuncura' theology students community (UPS-Rome). The one-hour video is available on YouTube, but we are happy to shared the full text transcript.

Fr Silvio: Good morning, everyone, and welcome to this meeting-interview with the Rector Major Don Angel Fernandez Artime, now in its third edition in what is now an annual appointment in the series of six meetings that, year after year from 2020 onwards, help us to deepen our understanding of the programmatic lines that Don Angel has indicated to us as the path after the 28th General Chapter. We thank Fr Angel so much for this time...

The 12-page ranscript of the video-interview is made up of the following sections:

• St Francis de Sales and the Strength & Beauty of 'Da Mihi animas!"
  • Da mihi animas in non-Christian contexts or among people far from (Catholic) faith
  • Educators and pastors among youth who no longer care about the Church
  • Passion for the soul and giving life.. And when such passion is lost?
  • Someone who best embodied the 'Da mihi animas, cetera tolle'?
  • How should we live accompaniment today, which is a way of living 'Da mihi animas, cetera tolle' proper as Salesians?

We are grateful to Fr Silvio for his tenacity and focus in following this annual appointment and to his community of theology students for the IT and translation services

Give me souls and take away all the rest!

rector-major.jpg

Screenshot-(2866).jpg

Screenshot-(2868).jpg