by ceteratolle posted Nov 15, 2022
?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

20220713_113143.jpg

Ulanbaataar Don Bosco, Mongolia, 12 November 2022 -- I am Patrycja Szwabowicz, a Salesian missionary volunteer from Poland. Our voluntary service is dedicated to helping mission countries in various ways. We send volunteers to mission countries, but we also help financially. We support institutions in Africa, Asia and America.

This year I worked for two months in a care center in Ulaanbaatar. Mongolia is a wonderful country that amazed me with beautiful landscapes and extraordinary people. I had the opportunity to meet many inhabitants of this country who welcomed me very warmly. I also met many missionaries - priests, brothers and sisters - all of them working very hard for the good of Mongolian citizens. All these meetings were inspiring for me, they showed me how love for our neighbors gives us strength.

My job in Mongolia was teaching boys from care centers, and getting to know these children was the most edifying part of my mission. Despite their difficult life situation, they are very happy, lively and curious about the world. Working with them was extremely inspiring, it gave me strength and joy. Despite the language barrier that separated us (I don't know Mongolian and the boys don't speak English) they invited me into their world. I never expected to develop such a bond with children who speak a language other than mine. I came to teach the boys but they taught me. Every day they taught me how important it is to love another person, how to be happy and use each day. I enjoyed watching the boys treat each other like brothers, despite the fact that they are not related.

The time I spent in Mongolia was very educational for me. I am glad that I met so many wonderful people. But most of all, I am happy that I met wonderful children from caring center. I hope they learned at least some of what I learned from them. In the future, I will definitely want to come back to Mongolia!

Mongolia.jpg

patrycja-and-ankhbayar.jpg