austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20210120_MYM-(1).jpg

Myanmar, 20 January 2021 --Fr. Zeya Aung Bosco (born 26 January 1976 in Mandalay) made his first religious profession on 24 September 1994 in Anisakan and after initial formation in Myanmar was ordained to the priesthood in 2003. After his studies at the UPS-Rome he was assigned as novice-master (2011-2015) and since 2016 has served as Vice-provincial, while being Rector and Parish priest at Nazareth House, Anisakan (a kind of private boarding school, with 170 boys, grade 7-10).

The Vice-Province of Mary Help of Christians, Myanmar was founded – detached from INC (Kolkata provicne) in 2004. Presently in 7 communities there are 34 Salesian Priests, 2 Brothers, 11 perpetually professed clerics and 10 temporally professed clerics and 3 novices in Cebu (FIS).

What attracts you to follow Don Bosco as his Salesian?

My father was a Salesian past pupil and he always told me so many good things about the Salesians. When I met them in person, I found them very kind and joyful. I still remember my first meeting with the Salesians, as a young boy of 12, I was very happy to receive sweets and holy pictures from them. It is true that “first impression remains”. From that moment on, I felt some kind of friendliness or attachment towards the Salesians. The joy I saw among the Salesians and the friendliness they showed towards me made me interested in the Salesian life.

Your experience as Rector of Nazareth House Anisakan?

I am very grateful to all the Salesians in Nazareth who gave me the experience of a beautiful community living. It is a simple and joyful community where all the confreres shared the mission which is entrusted to the community. None of us is very talented and yet all of us are great because we all do the Holy Will of God, together and happily. All the Salesians can always be found among the boys. Even the eldest confrere in the community, Fr. Maurice who is 75, can be seen near the playground giving moral support to all of us who are playing.

To live and work together among brother Salesians in Nazareth Salesian community, to see the boys improving in their integral development and to see them happy and lively makes me very happy as a Salesian.

How were you enriched during your study on formation at the UPS - Rome?

I studied formation pedagogy for three years at the UPS. I gained a lot of knowledge about formation. Living in a community of 70 Salesians coming from all parts of the world is a very enriching experience. Kindness and cordiality of the Salesian professors, the superiors, and the confreres in the community helped me to appreciate my Salesian vocation and live it out in joy.

Valdocco experience during the GC28: What did you bring back home from the Chapter?

It was my first time to take part in the General Chapter and so everything was first experience and really exciting. I learnt a lot from the wisdom of the confreres coming from all parts of the world. I am really touched by the gentleness and cordiality of our beloved Rector Major and all the major superiors. Joy, simplicity and friendship of the confreres at the general chapter was a practical Salesiana course for me. I strongly feel that to be always filled with the Salesian spirit, we need to keep in touch with the Rector Major and his councilors and their guidance that come to us through various documents and guidelines and video clips.

Rector Major has appointed you the 4th Superior of MY, how do you accept this ministry?

At my first profession, I offered myself totally to the Lord and I put my life in the hands of my superior. So, this appointment is something like a change of occupation. I feel that God always wants me to live my life fully for Him and for the salvation of young people, whether I am asked to be the superior or a simple confrere in a community. Of course, I was worried and afraid for I feel that I am weak and incapable. The trust and encouragement of our beloved Rector Major helped me a lot to believe in His Grace which will accompany me.

What are your Dream-Expectations for 6 years term of service of authority?

We must give preference to ‘how to realize the six year plan of the Rector Major in the vice-province. When the Rector Major talked to me on the phone, he said, remember dear Bosco, to become a superior means to serve your confreres, and so I will try my best to serve them. We all must work a lot on the formation of our confreres, both young and elderly. God is blessing us with vocations and so we must take good care of our young candidates.

We have a very good relationship with the FMAs and we will keep up the good relationship and hope to work together more for the poor young people of Myanmar. As there are some lay people who are interested to become Salesian cooperators, we will have the association of the Salesian cooperators by the end of 2022.

I believe that at this moment, the vocational training schools and the boarding schools are the best ways to serve the poor young people and to give them education. So, we will try our best to improve our existing vocational training schools and the boarding schools.

Let me request your prayers, my dear confreres and friends for our vice-province of Myanmar for the devout prayers are the best gifts we can offer to one another. God bless you all.

We pray for the necessary gifts of the Holy Spirit for Fr. Bosco and his provincial community before his installation day on 24 January (Sunday) in Anisakan Provincial House near Mandalay.

Related news article:

ANS news:

20210120_MYM-(2).jpg

20210120_MYM-(3).jpg

20210120_MYM-(4).jpg

20210120_MYM-(5).jpg

20210120_MYM-(6).jpg

20210120_MYM-(7).jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )