PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 1275 Comment 0
ALA_5302

20200126_MON.jpg

To become the Salesian Family members our youth dream of

By Fr. Andrew Tin, SDB

Darkhan, Mongolia, 25 January 2020 -- It is a special event for all the Salesians of the Mongolia Delegation to come together for the quarterly recollection, on 20 January 2020; 9 Salesians all together in Darkhan community for the recollection. So after the Sunday Mass the conferees from Ulaanbaatar come to Darkhan, stay over night in the freezing building but warmer because of the atmosphere among the confreres. The rector of Darkhan community is the one who cooks all the meals as well prepares breakfast every morning!

Beginning of the day of recollection, preaching by Br. Andrew, a deeper er understanding and sharing regarding our Strenna 2020; then time for more reflection, confession... Holy Mass is the center of all, main celebrant Fr Rector of Darkhan community; in his homily he shared about John Lee, famous missionary from Korea in Sudan; his mission and his life was a good example for us, for missionary zeal and passion. At the end of the homily he asked all of us: Do you have a dream? Do you have a passion for the young and mission?

After the lunch break we had a friendly Futsal game outdoors; with temperature minus 18 between SDB and Darkhan staff; the result was 9:10 for SDBs.

At 2:00pm we had time for a scrutiny led by our Delegate Fr Paul. Then followed 3 hours - time for listening, sharing and discussion about how to practice our Strenna 2020 on 'Upright Citizens and Good Christian'.

After night prayer and prayer for a 'Happy Death', Fr. Paul Leung gave a good night talk. First he thanked everyone for the warm welcome, for preparing everything for the joint recollection and then he reminded us that we should read and go deeper in the documents concerning our Consecration, because actually the scrutiny spoke more about witness of life.

Yes, we reflected on the Strenna 2020: My first questions - "Am I a good Christian? Am I an upright citizen?" Yeah, all things begin with myself and from myself!

My hope is that all Salesians and all Salesian Family members would understand and go deeper, prepare and change ourselves to be good, upright and really become Salesians whom the young people nowadays need!'

20200126_MON1.jpg

20200126_MON2.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )