?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20190221_AUL.jpg

By Ms. Laureen Hichaaba 

Cagliero Project Director

Dili, Timor Leste, 20 February 2019 -- Less than one year after the invitation from the TLS Viceprovince Superior Fr. Apolinario Neto during their extraordinary visitation (ITM, March 2018), first two Cagliero Project (AUL) volunteers arrived to Timor Leste to their destinations in Los Palos and Dili, East Timor.

Two young men, Keith Collins (Perth) and Alasdair O'Brien (Melbourne) are already living in their respective communities of Dili and Los Palos and share their first feelings and impressions:

"It is an honour to be one of the first two Cagliero volunteers in Timor Leste. I have certainly received a fantastic welcome here and am determined to both help as much as I can and learn from the local community. The Los Palos Prenovices are very keen to practice and improve their English skills and are very inquisitive about Australia. There is definitely some cultural cross-pollination occurring here."

"There is a unique bond between Australia and East Timor in history and the Cagliero project is now strengthening that bond after the initial visit of Cagliero Project leadership in August last year by Fr Bernie and Ms. Lauren."

"I have been made most welcome at the Don Bosco Centec (TVET - Vocation Training Center) in Dili - Comoro and I'am finding where my skills sets can be of most assistance in both the technical and English areas. I am also doing two English classes a week with the three young Salesian confreres at Centec with the prayers and readings in English to prepare them for a oversea studies.

Living with the 4 priests and other visitors from other countries is also a good experience for me. I have been so far to 4 village chapels and I am amazed at the faith of the people in spite of the living conditions, good fruit from all the years of missionary sowing."

We give thanks for another important expression of mutual inter-provincial solidarity in our Region and pray that many more Cagliero Volunteers will reach the shores of East Timor in the near future! So far the Cagliero Volunteers have been sent to Thailand, Cambodia, Samoa, Zambia and Timor Leste.

Cagliero Project FB pages: https://www.facebook.com/caglieroproject/

Cagliero Project website: https://www.cagliero.org.au/

20190221_AUL1.jpg

20190221_AUL2.jpg

20190221_AUL3.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )