?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20190216_FIS.jpg

Interview with a young Cooperator Ms Nenith Cuadernal

By Our Own Correspondent

Mambucal Center, the Philippines, 16 February 2019 -- The following is an interview with a young Cooperator in FIS

What makes you happy as a Young Salesian Cooperator?

One of the blessings that God has given me is to become a Salesian Cooperator. I became a Salesian Cooperator when I was 20 (years old). I am really, really happy to become a Salesian Cooperator because I felt I can continue the youth ministry of Saint John Bosco. I am able to serve the young people that makes me happy as a Salesian Cooperator. I am able to mingle with the young people, to get in among them, to know them, to feel them. The Youth Ministry is what I really love so that’s make me happy as a Salesian Cooperator.

What makes you grow in your Salesian Cooperator vocation and mission?

My faith makes me grow as a Salesian Cooperator. Through prayer, fellowship, attending the Holy Eucharist and believing the words of Don Bosco wherein I show this to my family, pupils, relatives, elders and friends motivate them to join what I am doing.

How do you prepare yourself to become a formator?

Being a formator, I know it’s going to be tough, it’s going to be hard. How do I prepare? As a person I know my capabilities but I have to be guided by our Salesian priests, by the elders so that I will become a good formator someday. At my age, I look into the young people but as a formator, I am trying my best to be a good formator.

What do I need for the task? I need to prepare myself even more. I should meditate and ask (for) the guidance for the guidance of the Lord for Him to be able to guide me, to bless me in order for me to do my task as a Salesian Cooperator. There are lot of things I need to prepare especially spiritual preparation for me to become a good formator.

What exchange among the EAO Salesian Cooperators do you dream about?

Different Salesian Cooperators have different challenges and experiences, so what I dream of is the exchange of different experiences (considering) that I am young. Others, at different ages have different experiences. I dream of an exchange of different experiences from Salesian Cooperators of different cultures so that I may also learn from the experiences they have from different cultures and settings.

What do you expect from the 2019 EAO Formators Workshop in Cambodia?

As a young cooperator, I expect the Formators Workshop in Cambodia would embody the spirit of Saint John Bosco especially (in) the concern for the young especially that this is the year for the youth (in the Church of the Philippines). I want that the young people would be more listened (to). For me, that is my role as a young Salesian Cooperator. That the young people in today’s generation be given importance and that will be heard in the sharing of their stories.

How do you put into practice the four pillars of Salesian Cooperators formation?

To be honest, this is the first time I have heard of these four pillars of formation! And do I put them into practice? I think I need guidance on how to carry this out: To Know — To Know how to do? —To Know how to be? - To Know how to live in communion?

20190216_FIS1.jpg

20190216_FIS2.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )