?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 2986 Comment 0

20150421_PNG.jpg

By Ariel Macatangay

Internationally acclaimed Vatican Radio Program Director Sean Patrick Lovett and Signis Services Director Fr. Fabrizio Colombo, held a conference on ‘Effective Communication’ for 60 participants on 17th April at Don Bosco Technological Institute, Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea.

The conference was a lively one with creative input that related to the lives of the young. This was followed by a set of interactive exercises and a round of questions from the audience.

Sean-Patrick dwelt on Identity, occupation, knowledge, motivation and fears as necessary elements for an effective communicator, while Fr. Fabrizio highlighted Identity, network, multimedia, mobility and togetherness as essential factors for a communicator.

The practical activity involved communicating visual symbols to each other. It enabled participants reflect on themselves as persons and realize their struggle to be effective communicators.

Question time gave the participants an opportunity to ask questions that ranged from ISIS propaganda on social media to the challenge of being effective communicators.

“It takes courage to stand up for change”, said first year DBTI student Sammy Kopi, as he reflected on the statement, 'To change the world, we need to change ourselves'.

Expressing the sentiments of the participants second year DBTI student Felix Kaltubim said, "It was a wonderful and thoughtful seminar as I learnt a lot from it."

The participants were privileged to have Sean-Patrick and Fr. Fabrizio animate the conference, which has given them a new outlook to life through effective communication.

Representatives of Don Bosco Technological Institute, Boroko, Don Bosco Technical School, Gabutu and Caritas Technical Institute, Boroko attended the conference.

20150421_PNG-2.jpg

20150421_PNG-3.jpg

20150421_PNG-4.jpg

20150421_PNG-5.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 3900(II)_How many are the Salesian Saints? 0

2. 3900(I)_Bridge between the two Salesian Regions - Visitations 2016 0

3. 3899_Artemides Dermal Clinic in Tokyo 0

4. 3898(II)_Don Bosco and the 51st IEC Experience 0

5. 3898(I)_Re-opening of Don Bosco Academy in Bacolor after 20 years 0

6. 3897_Professions in Suva Fiji 0

7. 3896(II)_First and Final Professions in Melbourne for Don Bosco's Feast 0

8. 3896(I)_RTC Tetere celebrates Don Bosco Feast 2016 0

9. 3895(II)_EAO Secretariat is taking off 2

10. 3895(I)_The SIHM Sisters annual retreat 0

List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 ... 537 Next
/ 537