austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20220520_PAC.jpg

By Afia Enosa, SDB

Suva, Fiji Islands, 20 May 2022 -- A container of sports equipment, clothes, tables, chairs, medical kits, keyboards, and other goods for the Youth Centre arrived in Fiji from the Mission Office in Australia. This container is mainly for the young people of our parish and beyond. This donation will assist our mission here in Fiji and also equip our Youth Centre for sports activities and other educational activities for the young people and parishioners.

Since we started the Oratory, the number of young ones from our parish and beyond has increased and we have been in contact with other young people from other denominations as they expressed their gratitude to the Salesians for allowing them to join fun games and recreation activities around the area.

The involvement of the prenovices, the brothers, and deacons under the leadership of Father Tuia Afoa (Vice-Rector) with the Oratory has been outstanding with a lot of positive feedback from parents around the area and also from our parish. One of the parents expressed her own opinion about the Oratory. She said “It’s so great to see them (children) every Saturday they always do our family chores quickly in the morning before the brothers arrived. Every Saturday my children asked me if they can go with the brothers for sports. For me, it’s an opportunity that I don’t want to miss for them and I thank the brothers for spending their quality time to be with these naughty kids.

" I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the generous donors who donated all these goods for our mission here in Fiji. Thanks to the Mission Office, Mrs. Lauren Bicknell Hichaaba, and Tina for your great support and for organizing all these assets for our community and mission. Special thanks to all the Salesians schools in Australia for all your support and for everyone who contributed. Vinaka vakalevu (Thank you so much) and may God bless you all.

SDB_0490-01.jpg

SDB_0491-01.jpg

SDB_0493-01.jpg

SDB_0496-01.jpg

SDB_0500-01.jpg

SDB_0505-01.jpg

SDB_0494-01.jpg

SDB_0495-01.jpg

SDB_0506-01.jpg

SDB_0514-01.jpg

SDB_0530-01.jpg

SDB_0539-01.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5810(III)_Six Newly Professed Young Salesians from Myanmar 1

2. 5810(II)_Australia Pacific Provincial Chapter 0

3. 5810(I)_Celebrate the Gift of Family 0

4. 5809_Timor-Leste commemorates 20th restoration of Independence Day 0

5. 5808_Charity donation from the Mission Office in Australia for Fiji 0

6. 5807_Don Bosco Ben Cat Youth Center - Opening Summer 2022 Basketball Tournament 0

7. 5806(II)_Youth meeting on the 150th anniversary of the Founding of the Institute of the Daughters of Mary Help of Christians 0

8. 5806(I)_Another Prestigious Award for Fr. Locatelli, SDB 0

9. 5805(III)_Art of listening in a communication process 2

10. 5805(II)_Don Bosco K’Long Youth: GET STARTED to GO TOGETHER 0

List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 536 Next
/ 536