GIA

6236_94-year-old missionary to Japan sends his Christmas greetings!

by ceteratolle posted Dec 20, 2023
?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

GIA_20231220.png

By Fr Gaetano Compri

Tokyo, Japan, 20 December 2023 -- Fr Gaetano Compri, long-time Italian missionary in Japan, and active (amongst other things) with the Cause for Beatification of Monsignor Vincent Cimatti, the founder of the mission in Japan, has always been a keen communicator. And at 94 years of age, he has not lost one iota of his interest and ability in this field. Today he sends Christmas greetings to many friends around the world. First of all let's see what he wrote in Italian:

Carissimi amici,
Anche quest'anno vi mando i miei auguri natalizi e di Buon Anno.
Sono vicino ai 94. Sto abbastanza bene e affido tutto al Signore. Sono 69 anni di vita missionaria.
Da piccolo sognavo la Cina, ma le circostanze mi hanno portato in Giappone.
Da circa 3 anni su YouTube ogni settimana tengo circa 15 minuti di lezioni su: filosofia dell'uomo, catechismo, Sacra Sindone e ora brevi aneddoti "Viviamo con gioia".
Evidentemente tutto in giapponese. Lo parlo abbastanza bene.
Quest'anno ho tenuto due pellegrinaggi in luoghi dei martiri giapponesi, ho predicato tre corsi di Esercizi Spirituali e ogni domenica tengo un corso di catechismo.
Come vedete non sono disoccupato. Deo gratias!
Qui potete vedere la mia faccia, sentire la mia voce e vedere alcune foto della mia vita passata.

Cliccate qui: https://youtu.be/dduR8mmbNzk

Che il Signore vi benedica insieme con i vostri cari.
Don Gaetano Compri, Salesiano, missionario in Giappone.

Email: cimatti30@gmail

In English,

Dear friends,

This year, too, I send you my Christmas and Happy New Year wishes.
I am close to 94. I am quite well and entrust everything to the Lord. That's 69 years of missionary life.
As a child, I dreamed of China, but circumstances brought me to Japan.
For about 3 years on YouTube, every week, I have been giving about 15 minutes of lectures on: the philosophy of man, catechism, Holy Shroud and now short "Let us live with joy" anecdotes.
Evidently, all in Japanese. I speak it quite well.
This year I have given two pilgrimages to places of Japanese martyrs, I have preached three Spiritual Exercises courses and every Sunday, I teach a course of catechism class.
As you can see, I am not unemployed. Deo gratias!
Here, you can see my face, hear my voice and see some photos of my past life.

Click here: https://youtu.be/dduR8mmbNzk

May the Lord bless you together with your loved ones.
Fr Gaetano Compri, Salesian, missionary in Japan

Email: cimatti30@gmail

God bless our missionaries!