Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

INA_20231114_00.jpg

By Fr. Severenus Mite SDB
&​​ Coad. Umbu Dapa Loka SDB

Blitar, East Java & Jakarta- Indonesia, 14 November 2023 -- Every 13 November the Church and especially the Salesian Family celebrate the Feast of St. Artemides Zatti. The SDB Community and the Garelli boarding house celebrated by starting with the morning prayer for the Salesians. In the afternoon, we had a Volleyball tournament, and after that, we celebrated the Eucharist and evening prayer together then we continued with dinner together, and the activity ended with the Rosary. Brother Erdi, from Garelli’s boarding house, read a short history of St Artemides Zatti before the Eucharistic Celebration began. In his homily, Fr. Ferdinandus Reo, SDB, emphasized the simplicity of this saint. Because in simplicity, he accompanied and cared for those who were sick. His presence was a medicine that cured patients. Fr. Deddy continued that there are three things we can learn from St Zatti when he was sick - "I believed, I promised, and I recovered."

Also, Wisma Salesian Don Bosco Post-Novitate in Jakarta held its own celebration. The celebration started with the community mass; one brother shared the life of Saint Artemides Zatti. In the afternoon, there were community games. The final celebration was in the dining hall with programs. The main intention of the community during this celebration was for the success of the upcoming EAO Brothers congress in Jakarta.

INA_20231114_01.jpg

INA_20231114_02.jpg

INA_20231114_03.jpg

INA_20231114_04.jpg

INA_20231114_05.jpg

INA_20231114_06.jpg