Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

Mino N.F. - PGS.jpg

"Happy to discover historical connection with my mission land."

By Cl Mino Nomenjanahary François

Cl. Mino Nomenjanahary François from Antananarivo, the capital of Madagascar is 25 years old. Destined for the Vice Province of Papua New Guinea and Solomon Islands, he offers us his testimony today.

“I have to admit that I have never heard of Papua New Guinea before, until the General Councillor for Missions proposed that I go there. I accepted willingly to be a missionary in PGS because by presenting my missionary application, I have already offered my total availability to respond to God’s call to me to be a missionary. Upon concluding the discernment of my missionary destination, I also had to explain to my parents and family where my missionary destination is. Thanks be to God, they accepted it with openness.

Surely, Like everyone else, I have my fears: fear of meeting new people, new cultures and becoming part of a new Province where the confreres are until now unknown to me. On the other hand I am happy to meet missionaries in Papua New Guinea during the orientation course for new missionaries last September. Similarly, I am happy to know that the first Papua New Guinean Catholic priest and bishop, Louis Vangeke, was formed in the seminary in Madagascar. This makes me feel already connected to my mission land and its people.

EAO_20231006_02_01.jpg

EAO_20231006_02_03.jpg

20230924_115937.jpg