?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

Pong, P..jpg

By Fr. Peter Pong Ping-Fai

Fr. Peter Pong Ping-Fai was born in Hong Kong. He had been the Principal and Rector of various communities of his Province (CIN). His last assignment in his Province of origin was as Rector of the Salesian community in Tainan, Taiwan. He is a member of the 152nd missionary expedition (2022). However, due to COVID-19, he could only participate in the Course for New Missionaries this year.

“I considered my application to be a missionary as an expression of my availability to go wherever the Rector Major will send me. I hoped to be sent to Africa, even if I was not young anymore", he shared. "However, when I received the proposal to be sent to the USA, San Francisco Province, I accepted it as God’s will for me.”

“I live in a community while responsible as Pastor of a Chinese Parish. I felt welcomed and accepted immediately upon my arrival in San Francisco province (SUO), perhaps because the Province is very multicultural. Many confreres come directly from Asia or Latin America or whose parents migrated from these continents. As a missionary, I feel there is a lot we can do to reach out even more to the migrant communities, like the Chinese community I minister to. Helping them practice their faith and cultural traditions in the USA is our expression of Salesian pastoral care."

Pong & Missionaries.jpg