?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

Arnel Mengote FIS to MOZ.JPG

By Fr Arnel Jason Mengote

Fr Arnel Jason Mengote Bergonio, a 39-year-old Filipino from Oras, Eastern Samar, Philippines. He is a member of the 152nd missionary expedition (2022). After a long process of Visa application, he arrived in Mozambique in April this year. Now he participates in the Orientation Course for New Missionaries. “When I was an aspirant, an Italian missionary who had served in China visited the Philippines to meet with our Chinese novices who were about to make their first religious profession. During one of his "Good Night Talks," he shared his experiences of mission work in China. It was then that I felt a deep calling within me to be a missionary.”

“When it was announced that I was becoming a missionary my brother Salesians of the Philippine South Province (FIS) provided me with abundant encouragement and affirmation. Many expressed their gratitude that I was undertaking a mission, not only because I was leaving, but because I would be working for another Province. I am grateful that I am coming to this orientation Course after four months of experience in Mozambique.”

“I am doing this course with a clear idea of the missionary situation there. While my fears were justified, I have come to realize that the Lord, the ultimate provider, supplies us with everything we need. We simply need to take that leap of faith and trust in Him.”

Fr. Arnel shares his message to our EAO region: “Embrace risks! The most beautiful and fulfilling risks in life are those undertaken for God and alongside the people He loves, particularly the least, the last, and the lost. If God calls you to be a missionary, do not be afraid to respond generously!”

Mengote.jpg