PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

AUL_20230831_04.jpeg

The Celebration of the Sacrament of Confirmation
in St Margaret Mary’s Parish, Brunswick

By Afia Enosa SDB

Brunswick (Melbourne), Australia, 31 August 2023 -- Fifteen candidates from Saint Margaret Mary’s Primary School received Confirmation in front of a congregation of 300 participants, families and friends who came to witness the special occasion. The Sacrament of Confirmation was celebrated with great zeal and enthusiasm at St Margaret Mary's Parish in Brunswick, led by Most Reverend Terence Robert Curtin (Auxiliary Bishop of the Archdiocese of Melbourne) concelebrated by Fr Anthony Nguyen SDB and Fr Jan Walenciej SDB.

Bishop Terence delivered words of encouragement for those who were confirmed and their spiritual guide saying that “Confirmation is not the end of your faith journey; it's the beginning of a new chapter. Take the lessons you've learned and the grace you've received in this Sacrament and use them to serve and love others. With the gift of the Holy Spirit, you are now called to be a witness of Christ's love in the world. Share your faith with others and bring them closer to God through your actions and words. Don't take your faith for granted. The gift of the Holy Spirit is an incredible grace that comes with great responsibility.”

Adding to the celebration was the great support of the choir with their angelic voices, led by Bro. Dat Phung SDB and senior members, enhancing the liturgy with prayerful hymns, creating a solemn atmosphere of joy and reverence. “I feel very happy and proud of myself. I really enjoyed the homily from Bishop Terence. He talked about the Holy Spirit and how we can rely on it to guide us in our daily lives. That's something that I'll definitely carry with me. It’s pretty special.” One of the Confirmation candidates exclaimed.

After the celebration, refreshment was provided by the Vietnamese community for Bishop Terence and quests.

Special word of thanks to Sister Thuy Linh Nguyen and Mr Daniel Ryan (Principal) for their extraordinary effort and support in preparing students to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation.

Giving thanks to God for the grace that has been poured out to all confirmed individuals, may His blessings be upon them and their parents. We ask our Blessed Mother Mary to guide them in their spiritual journeys and strengthen them to become good leaders and honest citizens in the future.

AUL_20230831_01.jpeg

AUL_20230831_02.jpeg

AUL_20230831_03.jpeg

AUL_20230831_05.jpeg

AUL_20230831_06.jpeg

AUL_20230831_07.jpeg

AUL_20230831_08.jpeg

AUL_20230831_09.jpeg

AUL_20230831_10.jpeg

AUL_20230831_11.jpeg

AUL_20230831_12.jpeg

AUL_20230831_13.jpeg