austraLasia

vaclav2023.02.12 18:23

Installation of the New Provincial of Thailand Province

His Excellency Monsignor Joseph Prathan, dear Fr. Dheparat, Fr. Boonlert, members of the Provincial Council, beloved Rectors and confreres, members of the Salesian Family, beloved young people, friends,

I am here to represent the Rector Major who desires to be certainly present in this important event of a Salesian province. He kindly requested me through our regional Fr. Joseph Phuoc to fulfill his desire since he is unable to come here personally for the installation of the new provincial.

I wish to greet first of all Fr. Dheparat and to say a very big THANK YOU. Fr. Dheparat is one of the few Father Provincials in the congregation who was asked to do a second term as Provincial. We used to call these Provincials “recycled” and in particular Fr. Dheparat as the ever-smiling Provincial. And certainly Fr. Dheparat has completed with satisfactory marks his second mandate as provincial. The congregation surely acknowledges his merit and sacrifices as the leader of this province.

I wish Fr. Boonlert also a big THANK YOU for first accepting to take up this important responsibility as the new superior of the Thailand Salesian province. It is a position of authority and responsibility. Every position at any level in the congregation always brings with it the cross of service and of love. However time and experience will express to you Fr. Provincial that even such a responsibility is a big Grace of God Almighty for you personally.

The Congregation is not just any human corporation or group. We all walk in faith in the providence of the Lord God. We are His instruments to continue God’s mission of salvation in so many varied ways. God always accompanies with His graces the persons He ask to do His work especially in the particular role of leadership of a congregation.

Best wishes to both of you Fr. Dheparat and Fr. Boonlert from the Rector Major and from the members of the General Council. They wish and pray that all of you beloved confreres and members of the Salesian Family be united in heart and soul in thanking God for the new Provincial and in resolving to support him with your prayers and collaboration.

Thank you.

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )