?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

Screenshot-(1796).jpg

By Fr. Philip Huang, SDB

Tainan Salesian Technical School, Taiwan, 3 November 2022 -- Among the 1000 or more students of Tainan Salesian Technical School (Taiwan) there are only five Catholics, but they are well accompanied by their SDB catechist. A few days after the canonization of Brother Zatti they took advantage of the short lunch break to get inspired by a new Salesian Saint, Brother Zatti, on their faith journey as SYM (Salesian Youth Movement) members. You may be also inspired by a short video-clip of this formation session. Saint Artemides Zatti was introduced as joyful individual, doing his duty extraordinarily well, caring for his companions, a model for Salesian Youth.

The initial part of the encounter was delivered by the leader of the school Salesian Youth Group, Augustin Zhang: “How do we become good Salesian youth? We need to realize the three goals, being joyful and cheerful always, doing our duty well and caring for our companions. You should acquire these three qualities. Ask yourselves, are you joyful? Doing your duty? Caring for your companions? Do you learn and practise them?”

Other students continued the sharing “I feel I need to improve in the attitude of attending the class to be more serious. At times, I do not control myself, I have been talking to my classmates too much instead of listening to the teacher. And sometimes I have been too lively in class when it required silence and greater seriousness. This is my target to improve before the coming month”.

Another student: “For me, I was doing my duty but lacking deeper awareness. For example, sweeping the classroom floor but neglecting the small things, only cleaning the big ones which can easily be seen. Next time I should be more attentive to the corners or small details.”

And his friend: “What I will do is improve the quality of my study. I did not have a good result because I used to sleep in the class, chatting with classmates. I wish to improve in this point to become more aware in the classroom.”

At the end the group leader wrapped up the meeting: “Saint Zatti is a good example of joyfulness, doing his duty well and caring for his companions. Good Youth Youth. Cheer up!!!” (= Taiwanese way of encouraging, means ‘To add oil’)

Our hope and prayer is that more young people will get to know the shining and simple example of our new Saint, Salesian Brother Artemides Zatti!

Screenshot-(1775).jpg

Screenshot-(1778).jpg

Screenshot-(1787).jpg

Screenshot-(1789).jpg

Screenshot-(1793).jpg

Screenshot-(1795).jpg