5849(II)_Celebration of the Perpetual Profession, Silver and Golden Jubilee of the religious vows, and 150th Anniversary of the FMA Institute

by ceteratolle posted Aug 10, 2022
?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

DSC_4747.jpg

By Mary Anh Thi, FMA

FMA Vietnam, 9 August 2022 -- On August 5, 2022 at the provincial house in Thu Duc, Mary Help of Christians Province (VTN) celebrated the Perpetual Profession, Silver and Golden Jubilee of the religious vows, and 150th Anniversary of the Institute of the Daughters of Mary Help of Christians (5/8/1872 - 5/8/2022).

The Holy Mass was celebrated by Archbishop Joseph Nguyen Nang, Archdiocese of Saigon.

In his homily, Archbishop Joseph shared his joy and invitation: “For our Father so loved humans that he sent his only Son to the world, so that in Him we might be saved. Now Jesus is also passionate about people and calls you so that your lives continue to spread God’s love to others.” After the homily was the rites of perpetual profession, renewing the vows of the sisters celebrating Silver and Golden Jubilee of the religious life and of the sisters in the Province.

Believing in God’s love and desiring to respond to Christ's call, the 15 sisters said their eternal "yes" with the prayer: "I consecrate myself for them" (Jn 17:19).

With the affirmation: "I myself have written this perpetual profession application, and now I sign it on the altar so that my life will be united with the sacrifice of Christ from now on and forever", the sisters publicly and freely express their faithfulness in the covenant of love with God.

Rejoicing in a spirit of praise and thanksgiving for the gift of the consecrated vocation during the past 25 and 50 years, 4 sisters who celebrated Silver Jubilee and 3 sisters celebrated Golden Jubilee renewed vows.

God's faithfulness spans generations, not only 25 years, 50 years, but forever. The presence of the FMA Institute for 150 years is an experience and a confirmation of God’s love that is constantly pouring on the Institute with Virgin Mary's footsteps pacing back and forth in the houses where her daughters are present. Together with the entire Institute, the sisters in the Province renewed their vows. This renewal of vows reminded us of Mary's entrustment to Saint Mary Mazzarello "I entrust them to you".

After the vow renewal rites, the parents and representatives of FMA congratulated the new perpetual profession sisters and the sisters celebrating 25th and 50th Anniversary of religious life.

Before Mass ended, Sr. Maria Hoang Thi Thu Ha the Provincial, representative of the Province, expressed her gratitude to God, to Archbishop Joseph, to the priests and community and especially to the sisters’ parents for generously offering their beloved daughters to God in the Institute of the Daughters of Mary Help of Christians.

May Jesus Christ always be the center of sisters’ lives, and may every Daughter of Mary Help of Christians serve God and others today and forever in harmony with Christ's will in his sacrificial prayer “I consecrate myself for them" (Jn 17:19).

7B6A1050.jpg

7B6A1141.jpg

7B6A1179.jpg

7B6A1221.jpg

7B6A1283.jpg

7B6A1289-all-sisters-renewed-the-vows.jpg

7B6A1326.jpg

7B6A1344.jpg

4878.jpg

DSC_4370.jpg

DSC_4374.jpg

DSC_4402.jpg