Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

3-Tamasae-Timothy-1.jpg

DBTI Top Student shares Success Story

By Isabella Saleu

East Boroko, Port Moresby PNG, 19 April 2022 -- Following the 20th Graduation Rites of the Don Bosco Technological Institute on 31 March 2022, the Remington Group, a leading technology company in Papua New Guinea, presented an award to the top student in the batch as part of their ongoing development program.

The Remington Group awarded K 8,450.00 as a reimbursement for the year’s school fees and a beautifully engraved shield to Tamasae Timothy, a Bachelor’s in Automotive Technology student who was the recipient for being “Best in Technology” graduating with Honours.

Tamasae who hails from New Ireland and Morobe, said it was an honour of a lifetime to receive the award sponsored by a highly reputable company and he was truly grateful for the recognition.

“I would like to thank the Remington Group for their initiative to support Academic Excellence in DBTI and hope that this will motivate other students to perform to the best of their ability and even go beyond their limits. This act supports education in the country and that will be a contributing factor towards students aiming for excellence in the Academic or Technical field not just in DBTI but in other schools as well”, he said.

He said that the four years of experience at a Salesian Institution gave him the opportunity to balance studies, work, social life, and his Catholic faith in the unique style of St. John Bosco. Not knowing what to expect on the first day, the new way of life put him under a lot of psychological pressure, but eventually he got the hang of the routine which became part of life. “It has taught me strong Catholic values about responsibility and discipline”, he said.

He made a special mention to the wonderful teaching and learning environment that the school provided and above all the Bosconian spirit that contributed immensely to him receiving such an award on graduation day.

Mr. Timothy extended his personal gratitude to the Salesians of Don Bosco, the administration, and the teaching staff of DBTI who have one way or the other advised, supported and guided him through his years of studies. It was because of them that the students were focused on their goal to graduate.

“I am also very grateful to my family for all the sacrifices they have made to see me graduate today. I never visited home since I started studies in DBTI but that never stopped them from supporting me. I also appreciate the journey of companionship with my friends through all the lessons and memories”, Tamasae expressed.

3-Tamasae-Timothy-2.jpg

3-Tamasae-Timothy-3.jpg