Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

comms-ukraine-web-peace-image.jpg

By M C George Menamparampil, SDB

Emergency Response coordinator

Rome, 8 March 2022 -- The Rector Major wishes to write a second letter to the Salesian Family about the war, its consequences and the work YOU are doing to help the victims. He has asked me for data that he could use. I plan to give it to him on 10 or 11 March. He will write the letter on 11-12 March because he leaves for Cameroun on 13 March. The translation of the letter into several languages will take 5 days. So, the letter may go out on 17 March.

Keeping that in mind, would you be able to give some data about what YOU have done by 10 March and what you hope to do within the coming weeks?

Campaigns you have organized; money you raised; money and in-kind donations you sent already, any lobbying, advocacy, awareness-building ….

Please do not feel obliged to do this. I understand and appreciate the work you do. I do not want to “waste” your valuable time. I cannot also guarantee that the RM will specifically mention you or your organization or your work. HE writes the letter, not I (The first letter was entirely his, without any input from me – I was in Sri Lanka at the time).

If you do wish to participate, please send me your contribution by 12.00 noon on 10 March.

THANK YOU.

M C George Menamparampil sdb

Emergency Response coordinator