?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

20211228_THA-(1).jpg

By THA SC

Vientiane, Laos, 25 December 2021 -- “Just an act of charity work...like Don Bosco”- this is the answer of the Vientiane Salesians who for the past 4 years have come on Christmas Day to share some food with those less privileged who are living on this garbage place on the outskirts of the capital.” One of the Salesians shares what is closest to his heart:

“Since we would love to serve the most abandoned, poor boys and girls, four years ago by chance we went to this place and found many boys and girls working with their parents in this garbage place. We felt so much pity, and we felt powerless...how to help them? So I told them this coming week I will bring some things to them. And then that work became a tradition every few days before the Christmas Feasts.

So on 20 December we went once more to this garbage dump. It is a huge place, mountains of waste. Some Don Bosco Training Center staff were with me, accompanied by two FMA sisters and a few faithful who have come to know about this tradition. So we became a good team to serve...

I am still thinking what more to do for them. But if we want to help them more, then we need to contact the local governor and it needs to be well planned and done together. At the moment there are only two of us in Don Bosco Vientiane and we can’t go out often or far from the Vocation Center. But we try our best to do something meaningful during this Christmas Season, a season of Love and Sharing, because God love us first!" Merry Christmas!

20211228_THA-(2).jpg

20211228_THA-(3).jpg

20211228_THA-(4).jpg

20211228_THA-(5).jpg