World

5741(I)_From Myanmar - reaching out to African families!

by ceteratolle posted Dec 02, 2021
?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

20211202_WOR-(1).jpg

By Fr Francisco Biu
Myanmar missionary in Juba
(South Sudan - AFE province)

Facebook (from Myanmar to South Sudan), 2 December 2021 -- Fr Francis Biu, SDB - the first Myanmar Salesian Missionary in Africa (sent in 2013) shares his pastoral outreach on Facebook every Sunday, passionately and consistently giving us an insight into his Sunday Masses in the villages of the large Juba-Gumbo Parish. What is amazing is his consistent, simple, deep and down-to-earth sharing from the African village grassroots. Already 9 months of diligent sharing on the net offers a deep insight into the rural Salesian mission (Sunday Visitation nos. 28-31)

-----

This Sunday brought us together to the family of Ater and Rebecca Apete, who belong to a Christian denomination. They have received the first and newly born son this year. Apete has been away from the Church for four years. It's time for her to return to God as the coming of the Lord is drawing near. May God bless the family! "Launch out into the deep." (Lk 5:4)

-----

Today, we were invited by Anyang to pray for her family. God has blessed her with twin sons this year. May God continue to bless the family! "Launch out into the deep." (Lk 5:4)

-----

"Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away." (Mk 13:31)

Whenever God speaks, there is being, for He is the source of life. Is there any other sources where life can come from? Peter said to Jesus, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life." Today, we came together and prayed for Mama Jor's family. We prayed especially for her daughter Akauc who is sick with malaria. They are not a Christian family, so we encouraged them to embrace the Christian way of life. Lord, let your Spirit go forward and prepare the way for them!

"Launch out into the deep." (Lk 5:4)

-----

"Two small copper coins which are worth a penny" (Mk 12:42)

How much do we need to offer to God? Many Christians dream big in giving themselves to God, just as did many saints, but a few were given the grace. For a sacrifice to be accepted, there must be a suffering. And every suffering done in God's name and for his glory is always accepted as a fragrant offering in his presence. Today we come together at the house of Manut and Zuzana Atiel who have eight children. It's the first time I am asked by a woman (Zuzana) whether or not I am married and have a wife and children.

CCC is coming."

Fr Francisco continues his Sunday family visits and is asking prayers for the South Sudan parish community with so many families scattered around.

Related news article:

20211202_WOR-(2).jpg

20211202_WOR-(3).jpg

20211202_WOR-(4).jpg

20211202_WOR-(5).jpg

20211202_WOR-(6).jpg