?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

20210911_VIE (1).jpg

By Augustine DoPhuc, SDB

Ben Cat, Govap, Saigon, 11 September 2021 -- When the church’s liturgical door was forced to close because of an invisible force called Covid, the pastor and parishioners of Don Bosco Ben Cat parish (Govap district, Saigon) kept opening other doors to serve God and live the Gospel in a stronger way.

During the period from 4 to 11 September 2021, the parish opened the church gate to provide space for people to vaccinate, including the presence of medical staff, and some soldiers on duty to ensure order and safe distance.

Talking about this “rare” job, the parish priest, Fr. Peter Pham Huy Hoang, SDB shared: “I think it’s really inconvenient, and then I have to disinfect the parish space, but it’s also the way how I indirectly serve the community to take care of the people.”

In the context of the increasingly serious epidemic, the image of the Lord’s disciples mingling with the people is the clearest proof of the power of the fire of love that burns more and more intensely.

20210911_VIE (2).jpg

20210911_VIE (3).jpg

20210911_VIE (4).jpg

20210911_VIE (5).jpg

20210911_VIE (6).jpg

20210911_VIE (7).jpg