?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

20210816_PGS-(1).jpg

By Fr. Robinson Parappilly

Christ the King Parish Tetere, Solomon Islands, 16 August 2021 -- The Salesians have already celebrated 25 years in the Solomon Islands (1995-2020) and along with the first local SDB consecrated vocations, the main lay groups of the Salesian Family: Salesian Cooperators and Don Bosco Past Pupils are growing. This August 15 was a red letter day for the Association of Mary Help of Christians (ADMA) in our Christ the King parish of Tetere (25 km from the capital, Honiara).

Until recently there was no ADMA introduced in the parish, just a mothers group that had been there forever. As for every year the 'ordinary meeting' for mothers took place from 13-15 August. ADMA was introduced to some 200 mothers on this occasion. In this month of Don Bosco there are traditionally 3 major events thattake place - one for the youth (Teens), another for the Mother's faith formation and also WantokBosco.

​​​​​​​       Being already exposed to the Salesian spirit by a good number of missionaries and with deep devotion to Mary Help of Christian, during the 3 days before the Solemnity of the Assumption of our Lady to heaven (Aug 13-15), a group of 65 parish mothers made their public commitment through a promise according to the ADMA Regulations (ed.2003):

​​​​​​​       "Mary Immaculate, Help of Christians and Mother of the Church, by becoming a member of your Association, I pledge myself to bear faithful witness to Christ in my daily life, especially in my family, at my place of work, and in civil and ecclesial society, with the strength that comes from prayer, and from the frequent and worthy reception of the sacraments of Reconciliation and the Eucharist.

​​​​​​​       I pledge myself furthermore to pray for and seek vocations for the Church and the Salesian Family, following the teaching and example of Don Bosco and trusting in your motherly help."

​​​​​​​       The Rector and Parish priest Fr Robinson Parappilly received their promise, so now the first ADMA in the Solomon Islands is born! An important contribution to faith formation in these 'Happy Isles'. Congratulations!

20210816_PGS-(4).jpg

20210816_PGS-(5).jpg

20210816_PGS-(6).jpg

20210816_PGS-(7).jpg

20210816_PGS-(8).jpg

20210816_PGS-(9).jpg

20210816_PGS-(10).jpg

20210816_PGS-(3).jpg