Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

20210804_GIA-(1).jpg

By Fr. Angel Yamanouchi, SDB
Spiritual Animator ADMA - Japan

Tokyo, Japan, 5 August 2021 -- Thanks to the EAO ADMA Congress preparation, we are able to hear many encouraging ADMA (Association of Mary Help of Christians) around the whole region. Today we share the ADMA Japan story, thanks to Fr. Angel Yamanouchi, who was among the very few non-Filipino participants in the First ADMA EAO Congress (2010) in Paranaque - Philippines:

Thank you for your concern for ADMA Japan!

More than 10 years after launching ADMA, we see lively growth. Right now we have 20 hopeful on the list of participants in the EAO ADMA Congress 2021. We are getting ready – at present there are 70 ADMA members in Japan: In our multi-cultural parish of Hamamatsu there are 50 (Japanese, Latinos (Spanish), Brazilians and Filipinos. And in Tokyo ADMA center there are between 20 to 30 members.

During the pandemic ADMA Japan is growing

At the beginning of this year 2021, Fr Provincial asked me to return to ADMA spiritual animation.

In the group in Tokyo it seems that theere was not much close accompaniment. In Hamamatsu (NB – 250 km from Tokyo) with the language difficulty for Brazilians and Latinos who cannot understand Japanese well there are different challenges.

Upon assuming the role of spiritual animator of ADMA again, I began Formation meetings, Novenas, Lenten experiences, daily Rosary, Eucharistic adoration every Thursday. Through ADMA many other people have been opened to this movement, some belong to some ecclesial group or movement, others are complete outsiders.

ADMA online formation and spiritual - apostolic movement

In the formation we have returned to comment on the ADMA Regulations and also the material that comes from Turin (ADMA Online – monthly formation newsletter) - I think it is well prepared and presented. I use this material in Spanish and in Zoom meetings I am commenting in Japanese and Portuguese. I perceive that this formation system works, since it’s regular – we meet every month.

Within this pandemic, in the ordinary parishes everything is stopped, closed. There are times when there is no Mass either. Of course, also the other activities, catechesis – means everything is stopped.

But through the digital platform (Zoom), we are opening catechetical spaces for children and young people. Some members of ADMA support the catechesis from their own place. Also when a specific need appears, for example for illness ...they spontaneously pray and send financial aid. Also for many seniors who are unable to attend Mass or are asked not to go, this space is valuable.

Multicultural ADMA brings more lively dynamics

And moreover people of different nationalities and places enter this space: Japanese, Latinos, Brazilians and Koreans. Also people from other countries are entering: Spain, Korea or Argentina. The living presence of foreigners in ADMA Japan is giving life to the other lay groups that exist in Japan in a different way, where the community is composed only of Japanese believers.

We are on the way, trying to hear what the Spirit says to this small, ADMA - part of the Universal Church!

Related resources:

20210804_GIA-(2).jpg

20210804_GIA-(3).jpg

20210804_GIA-(4).jpg

20210804_GIA-(5).jpg

20210804_GIA-(6).jpg

20210804_GIA-(7).jpg

20210804_GIA-(8).jpg

20210804_GIA-(9).jpg