by ceteratolle posted Feb 04, 2021
?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

20210204_ASC-(1).jpg

ASC-World, 3 February 2021 -- During the January 30th Valdocco Vigil for the Feast of Don Bosco, the Rector Major was listening to the testimonies of four young Turin entrepreneurs who are involved in the 'Economy of Francesco'. Probably most of the AustraLasia readers are not familiar with this project of Pope Francis. We are glad to present a personal sharing of the ASC World Administrator, Ms Cinzia Arena, who has been personally involved in this 'EoF' since last 2019:

"The Economy of Francis is a movement or rather an ongoing process in which young economists and entrepreneurs are discussing an alternative economy.

The committee promoting this process is formed by: Diocese of Assisi, Seraphic Institute, Municipality of Assisi, Economy of Communion and Franciscan Families, with the support, on behalf of the Holy See, the Dicastery for the Service of Integral Human Development, which is sponsoring the initiative. The Dicastery is represented by Prefect Card. Peter Kodwo Appiah Turkson.

The young people of EoF responded to the Pope's call: Two thousand young people from 120 countries, researchers, entrepreneurs under the age of 35 were summoned by Pope Francis on 1 May 2019 to sign a virtual pact in Assisi with the aim of building an economy on a human scale. In order to do this, paths need to be traced and relationships created with the support of leadership groups capable of developing cultures and launching processes.

This project, which is obviously in progress, is based on twelve thematic areas, on which the young people are structuring their work, grouped according to the territorial dimension to which they belong.

These areas, as indicated in the community section of the dedicated website https://francescoeconomy.org/it/ , are called "The 12 EoF villages" and represent the participants' working sessions on the major themes of the economy of today and tomorrow. Villages are often crossroads of roads and paths, places where different people and cultures meet. The "EoF villages" are also intended to be spaces for dialogue and discussion, for questions and perspectives, for reflection and proposals".

The twelve areas are as follows

1. MANAGEMENT AND GIFT

2. FINANCE AND HUMANITY

3. WORK AND CARE

4. AGRICULTURE AND JUSTICE

5. ENERGY AND POVERTY

6. BUSINESS AND PEACE

7. WOMEN FOR ECONOMY

8. CO2 OF INEQUALITY

9. PROFIT AND VOCATION

10. BUSINESSES IN TRANSITION

11. LIFE AND LIFE-STYLE

12. POLICIES FOR HAPPINESS

Those who work on the Economy of Francis are involved in one of these sectors by collaborating with young people on concrete projects.

As an economist, I felt transported by this unique event in the world and began to follow its developments both via social networks and the dedicated website. I felt the need to offer my contribution, given that I have long been involved in the animation of economic solidarity. So I contacted the Facebook group "I ragazzi di Francesco", which put me in touch with the team in the Campania region. I spoke to one of the contact persons and made myself available for possible consultations, events, testimonials, and we will see how all this can be put into practice."

Economy of Francesco:

Related news article:

20210204_ASC-(2).jpg

20210204_ASC-(3).jpg

20210204_ASC-(4).jpg

20210204_ASC-(5).jpg

20210204_ASC-(6).jpg