by ceteratolle posted Feb 01, 2021
?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

20210201_RMG-(0).jpg

RMG, 1 February 2021 -- The by now traditional message of the Rector Major to Young People was released on 31 January 2021 as part of the Don Bosco Feast day celebration. Probably for the first time the successor of Don Bosco also explicitly addressed the large portion of 'Don Bosco Youth' or 'Salesian Youth Movement' in many of the Don Bosco educational settings around the EAO region and beyond. Indeed among the 132 countries where Salesians are present, there is a substantial number of presences with a majority of youth of other religions, traditions or faiths.

The message starts with a focus on Joy as the most beautiful of the characteristics of the whole Salesian family. Fr Ángel sketches with simplicity and depth the 'profound joy, which comes from God - since 'our hearts are made for joy and for living with hope. At the end, the successor of Don Bosco points to God as the source of true joy...

In the second part of this Don Bosco Day Message, Fr. Artime addresses young people of other faiths: ..."While I am writing this, I am thinking of you, dear young people belonging to other religions, who perhaps cannot perceive in your own experience what I am talking about in reference to Jesus, even if you understand my words.

However, you can have this personal and intimate experience, whatever your religious affiliation: 'God loves you, and he loves you deeply, because it belongs to the essence of God to love immensely all that he has created.' You are there in his love; I am there too, each one of us, each one of you, my dear young people. God’s beloved young people, wherever you are in the world, whatever your religion, open your heart to God, discover that God is present in your life, that he is faithful and will never abandon you. We can always meet him..."

We are grateful to all the EAO region translators who quickly bring this message to the young people of the Salesian Youth Movement, Youth of our parishes, schools, youth centres - oratories or social works in their own language!

20210201_RMG-(1).jpg

20210201_RMG-(2).jpg

20210201_RMG-(3).jpg

20210201_RMG-(4).jpg

20210201_RMG-(5).jpg

20210201_RMG-(6).jpg

20210201_RMG-(8).jpg

20210201_RMG-(9).jpg

20210201_RMG-(10).jpg

20210201_RMG-(11).jpg

20210201_RMG-(12).jpg