Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print
ALA_5508

20201113_KOR.jpg

By SC Office

Seoul, South Korea 13 November 2020 -- Another EAO deaconate ordination was held in the Seoul - Korea provincial house chapel on 11 November 2020. Due to the terrible pandemic, the new deacon has been living at the formation house in Gwang-ju, Korea since he returned to Korea from the Philippines last April. Daniel is still taking the DBST (Don Bosco School of Theology) classes online. The 6 newly ordained deacons on 24 October 2020 in the Seminaryo ng Don Bosco are his batchmates. Although Daniel desired to be ordained with his batch in the National Shrine of Mary Help of Christians – Better Living, Paranaque, it was impossible due to COVID-19 travel restrictions.

The ordination was witnessed by some 100 participants including of also more than 50 concelebrating priests. Fr. Timothy Choi, SDB Provincial, congratulated the newly ordained deacon: “My dear Daniel, as a newly ordained deacon, I wish you to be a true disciple of the Lord. I wish you to know and imitate the heart of Don Bosco. May you be fascinated by the ministers who are fully engaged in the mission for poor young people. With the Rector Major let's make the young our adventure in the Spirit.”

At the conclusion of the ordination Eucharist, Rev. Daniel expressed his gratitude to many people who have helped him continue his Salesian vocation journey - especially the ordaining Bishop Peter Suntaek Jung, OCD - Auxiliary bishop of Seoul. The Carmelite bishop is in charge of consecrated life and of the western sector in the large Seoul Archdiocese with 1.3m Catholics. Daniel also thanked God, present family members and parents, Salesian confreres, FMA sisters, Caritas of Jesus sisters, young people, Salesian Cooperators and benefactors.

Fortunately, many confreres were able to be present physically during the ordination by observing the safety protocols of the government. The live-streaming of the ordination was also offered through YouTube channel.

The day of ordination became a day to animate our Salesian consecrated vocation and a good time of communion for the whole provincial community of Korea.

20201113_KOR1.jpg

20201113_KOR2.jpg

20201113_KOR3.jpg

20201113_KOR4.jpg