NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print
ALA_5465

20200910_AUL.jpg

Great leap into the digital world by another senior Salesian

By Fr. Elio Capra, SDB

Melbourne, Australia, 10 September 2020 -- "My dear friends,

Being home because of COVID19 gave me extra time to start a website on art and spirituality. The website is called "Art and Soul with Elio". I would like to make it clear that I am not an art historian. I am presenting from my heart, the ways that art has touched me and what I see and experience when looking at art.

While I may discuss the techniques and history related to an art work, my primary focus is the spiritual dimension that the work opens and the way it provokes reflection and prayer. The length of the videos is between 3 to 5 minutes so that they can be used for prayer and reflection in a classroom, staffroom, home or any way you may like.

I hope that sharing my thoughts and ideas will prompt you to uncover the spiritual in art as you experience it. This is the address >https://elioartandsoul.wordpress.com/. You may spread the voice about it among your friends, who are interested in arts.

I intend to make one new video per week. Whenever possible the theme of the videos will reflect the cycle of the Liturgical Year.

Please, enjoy and let me have your feedback. Keep smiling, Fr. Elio Capra."

Ed: As of today there are already five art-spirituality video blogs with paintings by Van Gogh or Millet (The Sower, 1888) based on the Gospel story narrated by Jesus. This is another Salesian creative digital world communication presence that has emerged from the pandemic lockdown situation. Hopefully other senior Salesians will be more courageous at 75 years and beyond to venture into the digital world where most young people are living.

20200910_AUL0.jpg

20200910_AUL1.jpg

20200910_AUL2.jpg

20200910_AUL4.jpg

20200910_AUL5.jpg