NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 755 Comment 0
ALA_5434

20200730_CIN.jpg

First profession of two Salesians in Hong Kong

By Cl. Andrew Chan and Cl. Thomas Li
Newly professed Salesians

Salesian Missionary House, Hong Kong, China, 30 July 2020 -- The 12 novices for 2020-2021 in Lawaan - Cebu (FIS), Novice director Fr Philip Lazatin, made their first profession in three different locations - in Cebu (24 June FIS), in Canlubang (5 July FIN) and in Hong Kong (16 July CIN). Due to the Covid19 pandemic restrictions all three celebrations of the first religious profession happened in low key. We are grateful for the sharing of China province's two newly professed Salesians:

"After the first profession, I feel so blessed and really thankful to God. It is because for many years I have dreamed to be a Salesian, and now, after seven years of discernment since I have started to think of my vocation, I am a professed Salesian now. It is not easy to walk on this path, but the most important thing is, God is always guiding, accompanying and supporting me on this journey, no matter in the past, in the present or in the future. What I have to do is to trust His plan and to entrust myself on His hand.

Because of the Covid-19 and other reasons, I have some more chances to serve my community and my brothers. Honestly, it's not easy for me who is not so selfless to serve others, especially when I think that I have more responsibilities than them. I feel that... it's not fair! Sometimes, I expected the others would be like Jesus... so perfect and concerning.

However, in meditation, I thought of how Jesus serves and how He burdens our burdens. The scene of Jesus washing the feet of the disciples as a SLAVE came into my mind and keep echoing. Jesus also invites us to wash the feet of one another: to be a slave of one another! A slave would serve his master unconditionally. WHEN WE SERVE, WE BECOME LIKE JESUS! - This fact would be our strength to continue to serve. Lord Jesus, thank You for everything that You have given me, including all the challenges. Through the challenges, I am learning to become like You." Cl. Andrew Chan (from Macau).

"With the help of God, on the 16th of this month, I made the first religious profession in the Salesian Congregation. The four years since I first entered the formation house really passed in a blink of an eye. This period of time has really made me grateful. First of all, I have to thank God. If it weren't His constant companionship with me, I don't think I would be here now. When I encountered difficulties, when I felt painful, and when I quarrelled with my batchmates, He was listening to my complaints in silence, and then in silent prayer, I understood that these are some small trials in life.

It is incomparable with the mystery of His crucifixion. And after overcoming these difficulties, I learned more experiences or got closer relationships with other people. Each of us is called by God himself, and God has given everyone a unique talent for this. If we faithfully respond to God's call, we can gradually find our ways to complete fulfilment in Christ.

Then I would like to thank my teachers and everyone who remembers me in prayer. These are the motivations that help me move forward. Don Bosco said: "With you, my life is meaningful." Indeed, the people I have met in the past few years and the young people I have served have made my life completely different. So, let us guard our enthusiasm for serving God in our hearts together until it blossoms and bears fruit. God bless!" Cl. Thomas Li (from Taiwan).

We are grateful for their very personal sharing and pray that the joyful daily self-giving will be a good inspiration for many young people around them to follow Jesus closely.

Related news articles:

20200730_CIN0.jpg

20200730_CIN1.jpg

20200730_CIN2.jpg

20200730_CIN3.jpg

20200730_CIN4.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5437(III)_SYM “Huddle” for the “New Normal”

ALA_5437 By Mr. Stephen Borja Makati City, the Philippines, 2 August 2020 -- Some 74 Salesians, lay animators, and youth leaders participated in the “SYM Huddle,” an online forum on youth group animation amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. Are ...
    Date2020.08.03 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views437 file
    Read More
  2. 5437(II)_“Your statutes are my heritage forever” (Ps 119:111)

ALA_5437 Ordinations to the Priesthood in the Salesian Province of Vietnam By Br. Pham hong Phuoc, SDB Xuan Hiep, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, 01 August 2020 -- On Saturday 01 August 2020, at 8 am, in the church of Don Bosco Xuan Hiep parish...
    Date2020.08.03 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views449 file
    Read More
  3. 5437(I)_Living Fraternity and Family Spirit in Happiness

ALA_5437 Provincial Community Day, Vietnam By Br. Pham hong Phuoc, SDB Xuan Hiep, Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam, 31 July 2020 -- On Friday 31 July 2020, at 8 am, in the church of Don Bosco Xuan Hiep parish, the Vietnam province's provincial co...
    Date2020.08.03 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views654 file
    Read More
  4. 5436(III)_Don Bosco with his Globe and Salesians with the World Map

ALA_5436 RMG, Sacro Cuore, Italy, 1 August 2020 -- As in other years, this year too we can lay our hands on an updated digital version of the 'Salesian World Map' for 2020. This wonderful animation tool has been available since 2012, avail...
    Date2020.08.02 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views607 file
    Read More
  5. 5436(II)_Time of Blessing amidst the Covid Pandemic in Anisakan

ALA_5436 By Fr. Bosco Zeya Aung (Nyi Nyi) Nazareth House - Anisakan Myanmar, 2 August 2020 -- Here in Anisakan, Salesian Community of Nazareth House, all of us are fine. Reflecting upon these past few months, Covid pandemic, while it bring...
    Date2020.08.02 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views510 file
    Read More
  6. 5436(I)_Myanmar - First steps in Lay Mission Partners formation

ALA_5436 By Fr. Mark Cin Vum Khan, SDB Myitkyina Don Bosco - Kachin State, 1 August 2020 -- Nothing could ever separate us from loving Jesus Christ and our founder Don Bosco. We are grateful to the Good Lord for giving us the strength and ...
    Date2020.08.02 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views603 file
    Read More
  7. 5435(II)_Empowering young people through Media Education - Part 1

ALA_5435 Personal sharing of Fr Ambrose Pereira sdb, Vice Province of Papua New Guinea and Solomon Islands Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea, 31 July 2020 -- Islands lost in time Isolated and cut off as they are from development, the Solomo...
    Date2020.07.31 CategoryPGS Reply1 Views644 file
    Read More
  8. 5435(I)_“Walking together with Jesus Christ through the spirit of Don Bosco”

ALA_5435 Annual retreat of the Thailand Salesian Aspirants in Hua Hin By Fr. Anusit Chanphen Hua Hin, Thailand, 29 July 2020 -- Fr. John Somchart SDB, rector of Nazareth House, organised the 2020 annual spiritual retreat for the Salesian a...
    Date2020.07.31 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views626 file
    Read More
  9. 5434(III)_Life given to the Gypsy mission: Fr. Peter Bešenyei, SDB

ALA_5434 By our own correspondent Slovakia, 30 July 2020 -- The small country of Slovakia with 5.3 million people has about an 8-9% Gypsy (Roma) minority, in 4th place in Europe where a significant portion of about 10 million Roma-Sinti et...
    Date2020.07.30 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views731 file
    Read More
  10. 5434(II)_When we serve, we become like Jesus!

ALA_5434 First profession of two Salesians in Hong Kong By Cl. Andrew Chan and Cl. Thomas Li Newly professed Salesians Salesian Missionary House, Hong Kong, China, 30 July 2020 -- The 12 novices for 2020-2021 in Lawaan - Cebu (FIS), Novice...
    Date2020.07.30 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views755 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 ... 533 Next
/ 533