PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print
ALA_5251

20191115_FIS.jpg

SALVO volunteer reflects

By Ms Margarita Rio Diongzon

Cebu, Philippines, 15 November 2019 -- A SALVO Volunteer reflects on her experience in Cambodia.

How was your volunteer experience?

For me, it was life-changing because I was able to discover more about myself along the process; I didn’t even realize that I am that kind of person. It helped me to become more responsible, kind-hearted in everything that I do in my life, and lastly it made me appreciate how beautiful is to live in this world full of surprises and uncertainty.

What was one of the greatest joys of the experience?

One of the most memorable for me was seeing their smiles everyday. Even though most of the time we couldn’t understand each other because of the language barrier but I felt their sincerity whenever they say, “Thank you!”. For me, it was my greatest joy that kept my heart and mind going during my entire volunteer service.

What was the one of the biggest challenges of the experience?

The biggest challenge for me was the communication between me and the whole community, I was in.

What did you learned from your volunteer experience?

One thing that they’ve taught me was to be patient. Everything will be given to you, if not now; soon. I firmly believe that God prepares something better for me and for everyone who has faith in Him. You just have to wait and be patient.

How has this experience impacted your life journey?

I became more mature when making an important decision and I am grateful for all the things I have in my life right now. I can totally say that I am indeed a better version of me than I was before, after my volunteer service in Cambodia.

What does Don Bosco mean to you after this experience?

Don Bosco became my constant reminder that I can help in my own little way. Being present and my journey with them can go a long way.

20191115_FIS1.jpg

20191115_FIS2.jpg