Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

20190910_TLS.jpg

Qualification of Timor Leste Salesians

By Bro. Amilcar Silva, SDB

Guwahati, Assam, India, 7 September 2019 -- Today, 7 September 2019 marks a milestone in my life journey as I have successfully come to the finish line of a herculean task of a 2 years postgraduate study at Assam Don Bosco University (ADBU), Guwahati, India. The two years at ADBU hit me with pressures; pushed me to step out from my comfort zone; taught me to set the goal, to work tirelessly towards it; and to meet with the deadline of assignments and project works in the smart way. On top of these, it moulded me to persevere in spite of facing with countless ups and downs in the daily routines. And today I can shout out loudly 'It's accomplished!' and cry out joyfully 'I made it!'. Looking back and pausing for a while, in the moment of silence and serenity, I see it all as a success story that comes from challenges to opportunities.

On this memorable event, it’s moments of grace: the road to happiness, to growth, to fulfillment. And it brings me to reminisce on the motto of ADBU: Carpe Diem.

“Carpe Diem! ... start living all the days of your life!
    ...every morn agog with a fresh new resolve to strive, to seek, to find!
    ...every moment alive with an urge, an itch to create, to fashion, to bring into being!
    ...every turn spotting a vista, a summons, a challenge to walk the path less trod!
    Carpe Diem! ...live all the days of your life”.

Last, not least, without the help and support of a large group of people, I would never have had this memorable event of graduation. Hence, I am incredibly grateful to all the lecturers, staffs and friends for their guidance and share of knowledge throughout the years of my study at ADBU. On the personal side I wanna thank my Salesian superiors, formators, confreres, my parents, all dear and near ones whose constant love and care give me the energy and support to undertake such a challenging task towards its completion.

20190910_TLS1.jpg

20190910_TLS2.jpg

20190910_TLS3.jpg

20190910_TLS4.jpg

20190910_TLS5.jpg