ASC

5053(I)_What makes you happy as a Salesian Cooperator?

by ceteratolle posted Apr 01, 2019
?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

20190401_ASC.jpg

Interview with Eriko Sato, Salesian Cooperator - Japan

By Our Own Correspodent

Tokyo, Japan, 1 April 2019 -- What makes you happy as a Salesian Cooperator?

I’m truly happy to be a member of the Salesian Family. I always appreciate the Salesian environment which is very unique. Getting to know Salesians from all over the world encourages me to keep living in this chaotic age.

What makes you grow in your Salesian Cooperator vocation and mission?

I have to be open to accept new encounters and some opportunities to obtain useful information. If I’m content to stay inside my narrow and cozy ambience, I can’t grow in the Salesian mission.

What are the major challenges in vocation growth (personal and centre)?

We should inform the joy of being Salesians to our parish friends especially those who’re young.

How do you prepare yourself as a formator? What do you need for your task?

I try to read the Holy Fathers’ and Salesian documents. If necessary I translate some papers into Japanese to share them with my fellow Salesian Cooperators.

What exchange among the EAO Salesian Cooperators do you dream about?

It’ll be nice if we can organize some pilgrimages among EAO countries. For example, we recommend Nagasaki, our holy place known for martyrs.

What do you expect from the 2019 EAO Formators Workshop in Cambodia?

Almost every country in EAO faces the problem of diminution of vocations. We can talk about that issue and get some clues.

How do you practice the 4 pillars of formation: Know — Know how to do? — Know how to be? ~ Know how to live in communion?

The four pillars are inseparable. So, we should follow our Guidelines for Formation. Each member is supposed to take the initiative to study well the pillars and needs to share his or her experience.

20190401_ASC1.jpg