PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

20190324_ASC.jpg

Korea ASC

By Mr Ivo Choi, ASC
Provincial Coordinator

Seoul, Korea, 21 March 2019 -- A few days ago, another issue of the 30 page 'Salesian Cooperators Provincial Newsletter' (n0. 69) was published - one of the visible points of the Korean Province Salesian Cooperators social communication system. Indeed together with the provincial website (www.cooperator.co.kr), social media groups (Kakao Talk) and with the monthly digital newsletter published since 2017 the paper copy of the half'yearly newsletter (30 pages) forms a vital instrument of communion building and formation among the 500 active members of their province.

The ASC social communication group is made up of 4 members, including a translator, editor and technical back up and over the past few years has become an important part of ASC province animation and governance. Provincial Coordinator, Mr Ivo Choi shares: "Until my participation in the recent 5th World Congress last October 2018 I didn’t realize that our province of 700 members, with almost 500 active Salesian Cooperators belongs to the largest numbers around the world. Indeed you will not find among the 30,000 Salesian Cooperators many who are more numerous than Korea province . Moreover, thanks to the recent development of our ‘Formation school’ system, and to the monthly digital newsletter and other systematic organizational features of our province, we have a model that can take up more shared responsibility in our EAO region…”

We hope, that the multi-media, systematic and well planned communication system of the Korean ASC province may inspire other EAO Salesian Cooperators, especially where they involve significant geographical distance where the communication is of vital importance.

KOREA province ASC website includes also a rich collection of video material for initial formation: http://www.cooperator.co.kr

20190324_ASC1.jpg

20190324_ASC2.jpg

20190324_ASC3.jpg

20190324_ASC4.jpg

20190324_ASC5.jpg