Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

20190320_ASC.jpg

Borongan Center FIS

By FIS-ASC

Borongan - Eastern Samar, Philippines, 20 March 2019 -- Since the arrival of the Salesians in Borongan in 1992 (Eastern Samar, FIS) the spirit of Don Bosco has been shared through the Vocational Training Center, daily Eucharist celebrated in the Most Holy Trinity Public Chapel entrusted to the Salesians and especially through the daily Oratory - Don Bosco Youth Center.

Since this SDB community is the most distant and not-so-easy to reach from the FIS provincial center, it took a longer time to establish the Association of the Salesian Cooperators. The FIS - ASC provincial council members were able to visit and also the Borongan Salesian Cooperators are eager to take part in the FIS Salesian Family gatherings organized in the other five Southern Philippines islands like Cebu, Mindanao or Negros.

Since 2011 there are the first members with the promise and thanks to the involvement in the Chapel pastoral care and in the frequent events of the Don Bosco Youth Center, there are also some young members and Aspirants.

What makes you happy as a Salesian Cooperator? What fills your heart with joy? - these important questions are answered by Borongan cheerful, simple and service-minded Cooperators in these terms:

• As Salesian Cooperators we know each other better in our Center
  • Know the Charism of Don Bosco better, that is changing my life style
  • I feel that I’m a better Christian
  • The joy of being a member of the Salesian Family, it's a constant reminder what I’m
  • Learn so much here with people, learn to live closer to God, when lonely or frustrated, He would guide me
  • I'm happy to visit other Salesian places like the Don Bosco works in Negros - Victorias, Dumangas, Cebu
  • Enjoy the travel experience, prayer and sharing and bonding around our FIS province with other Cooperators
  • I'm closer to the SDB community, we are praying for each other in the Association
  • Since the beginning in Don Bosco Borongan (1992!), I know myself, how to stay with children and youth
  • Learn to love the children, before I hate their noise. Now I'm deeply convinced about his saying: 'Make them run, jump and shout… and bring them closer to God'
  • Meetings, closer to each other, knowing our lives, helping people who are not of your family, like our scholarship students or share with many people who are far..

We pray, that the committed life in the 'Salesian periphery' of Borongan, will inspire other distant communities of the Salesians to foster many new Centers, too!

20190320_ASC0.jpg

20190320_ASC1.jpg