Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

20181217_WOR.jpg

Fr Joseph "Fu" - Vietnamese missionary in Patagonia ordained

By ARS SC

Buenos Aires, Argentina, 15 December 2018 -- Deacon Joseph Nguyen Vu Thanh Phuong was ordained to the priesthood through the laying of hands of Salesian Bishop of Viedma (Patagonia - Argentina), Bishop Estaban Maria Laxague, on 15 December 2018, during the 6 PM Eucharistic celebration in the Shrine of Sacred Heart of Jesus in San Justo, Buenos Aires.

The ordination of Father 'Fu' was celebrated in a family spirit involving many Salesians including the ARS (Argentina South) Provincial Fr Honorio Caucaman, many members of the Salesian family and many young people. The new priest has chosen as the motto for his priestly ministry: "There is no greater love, than this, to give one's life for one's friends" (John 15:13)

The Salesian Vietnamese missionary arrived in Argentina in 2012, at the age of 30, after three years of practical training in the Del Valle agricultural school and in Caleta Olivia. He studied theology in San Justo, Buenos Aires. In the interview given for the Argentina Salesian Bulletin last month, Fr Fu shares his struggle with language and also professes his great trust in God: "Amidst all these challenges, my personal faith was growing deeper, since it was my only energy in moments of crisis - when I felt lonely or didn't understand anything!"

At the beginning of a new stage of his Salesian consecrated life, our new priest shares his deep conviction: "I came here in order to accompany and share my life with others. This is the reason why I need to serve with a humble heart. I'm interested only in conquering the hearts of the people. I'm always the same 'Fu' (Phuong) of Vietnam, the same in Buenos Aires and the same in Caleta Olivia. In any situation I want to witness to Jesus with the style of Don Bosco."

The thanksgiving Mass celebrated by Fr Phuong was at the parish of San Juan Bautista (John the Baptist) in Buenos Aires on Sunday at 11 AM. In the December 8 Circular letter, the ARS provincial already made public the first obedience after his ordination: Fr Joseph will be start his priestly ministry in Patagonia, in the city of Trelew, the mission place dreamt by Don Bosco.

Interview with Fr. Joseph Phuong (Fu) - Salesian Bulletin, Argentina (November 2018)

20181217_WOR0.jpg

20181217_WOR1.jpg

20181217_WOR2.jpg

20181217_WOR3.jpg

20181217_WOR4.jpg

20181217_WOR5.jpg

20181217_WOR6.jpg

20181217_WOR7.jpg

20181217_WOR8.jpg

20181217_WOR9.jpg

20181217_WOR10.jpg

20181217_WOR11.jpg