PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

20181213_PGS.jpg

A teacher of DBTS Gabutu (PGS)

receives the International Contribution Award

By Peter Suka Ririma

Port Moresby, PNG, 13 December 2018 -- I started teaching at Don Bosco Technical School, Gabutu (PNG) in 2009. It was through DBTS Gabutu that every good things happened in my life. The Salesian work ethics based on St. John Bosco’s Preventive System have formed me as an educator and enabled me to study overseas and eventually win this award.

The Australian Catholic University (ACU) bestows the ‘International Contribution Award’ to its graduates who are working in his/her country in their fields of studies such as teaching, counselling, nursing, social works and others. In 2015 I graduated at ACU with a Bachelor’s degree in Counselling. This year I was given the ‘International Contribution Award 2018’ for my services as teacher counsellor among the under privileged young of PNG through Salesian Education System.

As a lay person and as Salesian educator I live the spirit of Don Bosco first by striving to live an exemplary life for my students, among my colleague educators, in my setting and my neighbourhood. Second, by striving to know the young from inside out and being actively present to help guide them so that they will be educated in the spirit of Don Bosco and live a virtuous life in the future.

As a Salesian educator I consider myself privileged to win this prestigious prize from the Australian Catholic University. For this, I will always be grateful to the Salesians of Don Bosco here in the Vice-Province of PNG & Solomon Islands.

20181213_PGS1.jpg

20181213_PGS2.jpg

20181213_PGS3.jpg