austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 563 Comment 0

Screenshot-(869).jpg

Canlubang, Philippines, 13 September 202 -- When Filipino Salesian Brother Robert Narvaez (aka 'Obet') asked in 2016 that his family pray for his elder brother after being treated in the ICU without any hope, and having already been in coma for nine days, he didn’t even dream what would happen. His whole family was praying with faith through the intercession of Blessed Artemides Zatti for his recovery. And his brother suddenly woke up!

Today, 6 years later, after the whole family’s devout prayers for God’s special intervention, his brother is now very much alive and the investigation of this presumed miracle was concluded and confirmed by the Church. This instantaneous healing opened the door to the canonization of Blessed Artemide Zatti. Only deep faith can lead to this heartfelt invocation!

In a video interview (July 2018) Br. Obet shares:

I discovered the vocation of the Salesian Brother while still an aspirant. And from that time on, I discovered I have the gift to enter in relationship with anybody, with a joyful atmosphere, to any kind of group, especially with the young people. And that vocation I still persevere with and nurture also with the help of the young people, I serve today.

As a Filipino, my Brother model is late Brother Elmer Rodriguez. When we me the Brother in our Aspirantate I was inspired by his love for the poor young people. I was inspired also at his funeral when so many young people gathered to thank him. I was inspired by his simplicity and humility.

When I was working in Rome, I was told, that my brother was hospitalized and after 3 days was rushed to the ICU because he was in coma and since then I asked the members of our large family to pray through the intercession of Blessed Artemide Zatti. Then after 9 days when my brother was still in a coma, I flew to the Philippines and asked again for the whole family to pray earnestly through the intercession of Blessed Artemides Zatti.

As a Brother I would like to encourage all Brothers to be more optimistic about their vocation. One Brother in the Philippines told us, that the extraordinary thing in us Salesian Brothers is that we are ordinary!"

A few weeks ahead of the Canonization of Brother Zatti, we can ask ourselves how we pray to the holy members of the Salesian Family.

Related news articles:

302067295_452019820191932_4825982215813187614_n.jpg

Obet-San-Callisto-2021.jpg

Screenshot-(866).jpg

Screenshot-(867).jpg

Screenshot-(870).jpg

Screenshot-(872).jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5895(III)_Salesian Aspirants attracted by Don Bosco - Philippines

By Aspirant Euree Pike Canlubang - Philippines, 18 November 2022 -- Don Bosco was a man of work. He would do everything for his boys in the oratory, just to teach them how to become holy. St. Dominic Savio is strong evidence of this and oth...
    Date2022.11.18 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views399 file
    Read More
  2. 5883(I)_Philippines – ADMA Philippines celebrates its 40th National Convention

Paranaque City, The Philippines, 20 October 2022 -- The Association of Mary Help of Christians (ADMA) in the Philippines, celebrated its 40th National Convention held on 15 October 2022 at the National Shrine of Mary Help of Christians in P...
    Date2022.10.21 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views433 file
    Read More
  3. 5881(II)_Quinquennial Priests train for Salesian Accompaniment

By Fr. Jerome Quinto, SDB Cabuyao, Laguna, The Philippines, 18 October 2022— Salesian Priests in their Quinquennial Formation Years (first five years of their priestly ministry) learn the basics of Salesian Accompaniment during their ...
    Date2022.10.18 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views464 file
    Read More
  4. 5874(V)_“I believed … I promised … I was healed”

Miracle leading to Bl. Artémides Zatti’s Canonization By Fr. Donnie Duchin Duya, SDB Manila, The Philippines, 30 September 2022 -- In the consistory held on August 27 of this year, Pope Francis announced that Bl. Artémid...
    Date2022.09.30 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views1243 file
    Read More
  5. 5869(II)_VocTok contribution to vocation culture: Year Two

By our own correspondent FIN Province, 17 September 2022 -- 'VocTok' is an ONLINE TAMBAYAN (hang-out spot, meeting place) meant to help, even in small ways, young people to become SALT and LIGHT of the world (Matthew 5:13-16). This ...
    Date2022.09.17 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views478 file
    Read More
  6. 5867(VI)_The seed of self-sustenance

Planting Project at the National Shrine of Mary Help of Christians By Ms. Joyce Bustamante Photos by Mr. Mark Balikanta Paranaque, The Philippines, 15 September 2022 -- During this Season of Creation, the Knights of Columbus and the Disaste...
    Date2022.09.15 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views413 file
    Read More
  7. 5866(IV)_FIN - Interview with Salesian Brother

Canlubang, Philippines, 13 September 202 -- When Filipino Salesian Brother Robert Narvaez (aka 'Obet') asked in 2016 that his family pray for his elder brother after being treated in the ICU without any hope, and having already been...
    Date2022.09.13 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views563 file
    Read More
  8. 5865(I)_FIN Held Online Assembly for Salesian Mission Day 2022

By CSCom News Service Via Google Meet, FIN Province, September 11, 2022 -- To gear up for the Province celebration of Salesian Mission Day (SMD) 2022, the Commission on Missions Animation and the Commission on Social Communication organized...
    Date2022.09.12 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views385 file
    Read More
  9. 5864(III)_Perpetual Profession of Two Clerics from Timor Leste

By Amadi Joseph Abuto, SDB Parañaque, the Philippines, 8 September 2022 -- Today the community of Seminaryo ng Don Bosco in Parañaque, the Philippines, joins the Mother Church in commemorating the Nativity of our Blessed Virgi...
    Date2022.09.10 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views383 file
    Read More
  10. 5855(I)_Two New Salesians on Don Bosco's Birthday

By Fr. Richie Santos, SDB Photos by Mr. Juni Amora Alexander St. John Bosco Parish, Makati City, the Philippines, 23 August 2022 -- Two Salesian Provinces have their most grateful smiles to God, our Lady, and Don Bosco on the morning of Aug...
    Date2022.08.23 CategoryFIN Reply1 Views1111 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 44 Next
/ 44