?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
ALA_5313

20200210_FIN.jpg

By SOCCOM FIN

Canlubang, Laguna, the Philippines, 31 January 2020 -- Don Bosco College - Canlubang always celebrates the Feast of St. John Bosco with great solemnity and in style. This year's theme, "Towards Greater Faith", was chosen as early as October of last year at the launching of the preparation for Don Bosco Day 2020 Celebrations. The theme could not have been more timely, since the school, sitting at the edge of the 20 km radius of Taal Volcano, was very much affected by the ashfall. Classes were suspended even until the first days of the novena to the feast of Don Bosco. Some activities were cancelled; while others were set at a future date. But the Grand Eucharistic Adoration (28 January) and of course, the Grand Eucharistic Celebration (31 January) pushed through.

On the very night of Don Bosco's Feast Day, the Salesians and the Lay Mission Partners (LaMPs) gathered to celebrate the traditional Agape Night which takes a different theme every year. Artell Almonte shares in his wall: "This year's Agape Night featured Cinema Don Bosco 2020, wherein 6 short films from the different groups of LaMPs were viewed. After dinner, the Awarding Ceremony followed. Everybody was anxious and excited as the winners were called! From the Broadway productions two years ago, to the international cultural presentations last year, this year we were challenged to showcase our talents in film-making, coming out with the best performances whether be it in acting or in the technical aspects of the film. Indeed, the best just gets better!" Regiel Condino adds: "Every year's AGAPE is different, is exciting, indeed something to look forward to!"

The activity yielded six short films done by the LaMPs themselves: Hiling ng Puso (directed by Joseph Briana), LABoratoryo (directed by Artell Almonte), Sinisila Ako ng Langit (directed by Erbert Dela Resma), Tapik (directed by Bernadette Cabrera and Hazel Elago), Uhay (directed by Julie Manaig), and Upos (directed by Gerine Falcon and Fatima Alarcon).

Sinisila Ako ng Langit won the Best Picture Award. It also won Best Screenplay (Maru Nasayao), Best Cinematography (Cris Corocoto), Best Editing (Cris Corocoto), Best Sound (Kent Dinglasan), and Best Musical Score (Kent Dinglasan). Taking the award for Best Director is Upos (Falcon and Alarcon). Uhay wins Best Production Design. Upos takes the prize for Best Movie Poster (Marlon Javier). The top acting awards went to Jeff Lorenze Vanguardia (Actor in a Leading Role - Upos), Cleofe Adsuara (Actress in a Leading Role), Renato Guevarra (Actor in a Supporting Role - Uhay), and Solita Alvarez (Actress in a Supporting Role - LABoratoryo).

Two films featured stories based on the lives of Lay Mission Partners--those of Mrs. Florame Gatasi (Tapik) and Ms. Melinda Hernandez (Uhay). One was inspired by the work of Fr. George Schwarz in the Science Laboratory of Don Bosco Canlubang (LABoratoryo). Sinisila Ako ng Langit and Hiling ng Puso are stories of conversion. Upos revolves around the moral issue of life and acceptance. All the films developed the theme "Towards Greater Faith." This Cinema Don Bosco Film Festival yielded two original songs from Veronica Castillo (Hiling ng Puso) and Mark Garcia (Uhay). Stars of the Night were Anthony Sibayan (HIling ng Puso) and Alyssa Faye Gocela (Tapik).

Mr. Jaime Fabregas, a respected character actor in the Philippine Movie Industry, was one of the judges. He remarked: "As I reviewed the films, it dawned on me how powerful indeed the medium is, as a means to teach value formation, to invoke thought and discussion. It is very hard for me to choose who better performed or who better wrote or directed the films because I look at these films as collaborative pieces of work. I would like to congratulate everyone involved. I believe all the films succeeded to impart the lessons that they sought out to impart. With all the limitations of time, budget and resources, the important lessons of love for others, forgiveness, understanding the flaws in our humanity, hope and most specially faith that God is always there for us, were all communicated clearly and forthrightly. Again congratulations to all. Thank you for asking me to be part of this endeavor. I look forward to future films."

Erbert Dela Resma, the director of the winning film SInisila Ako ng Langit, was very grateful for this experience: "Thank you, Fr. Joel and the Salesian community! Thank you for giving us NEW OPPORTUNITIES to serve our purpose as LaMPs! From the small projects you assign to us to the big project we did this January because of the Taal eruption, you made us partners of God's own work--generosity in loving! Thank you for making it possible that we deliver messages of family, hard work, perseverance, resilience, and hope anchored in FAITH, to a wider audience and even beyond the confines of the classroom through media! And THANK YOU for the wonderful event yesterday! Thank you Father!"

The films may be accessed via Youtube:

• Hiling ng Puso
  • LABoratoryo
  • Sinisila Ako ng Langit
  • Tapik
  • Uhay
  • Upos

• 20200210_FIN1.jpg

20200210_FIN2.jpg

20200210_FIN3.jpg

20200210_FIN4.jpg

20200210_FIN5.jpg

20200210_FIN6.jpg

20200210_FIN7.jpg

20200210_FIN9.jpg

20200210_FIN10.jpg

20200210_FIN11.jpg

20200210_FIN12.jpg

20200210_FIN13.jpg

20200210_FIN14.jpg

20200210_FIN15.jpg

20200210_FIN17.jpg

20200210_FIN18.jpg

20200210_FIN19.jpg

20200210_FIN20.jpg

20200210_FIN21.jpg

20200210_FIN22.jpg

20200210_FIN23.jpg

20200210_FIN24.jpg
    Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5347(I)_Interview with Andre Launio - Young observer at GC28

ALA_5347 Young people dream about the Salesians: Andre Launio By Andre Launio Rome, 27 March 2020 -- Interview with FIN young observer, Anre Launio What is your dream for formation of the consecrated Salesians – Brothers and Priests? I hope...
      Date2020.03.28 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views602 file
      Read More
    2. 5320(III)_Salesian Family Fellowship Day 2020

ALA_5320 FIN Province By Jonas Rivera Paranaque City, the Philippines, 8 February 2020 -- Around 350 members of the Salesian Family converged on the National Shrine of Mary Help of Christians in Paranaque City for the Salesian Family Fellow...
      Date2020.02.19 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views1000 file
      Read More
    3. 5317(III)_Wonderful spirit of Filipino solidarity during difficult times

ALA_5317 Volcano Taal or Mindanao earthquake victims helped by many Salesian Family members By our own correspondent Batangas, and Canlubang, the Philippines, 13 February 2020 -- During the Corona Virus (Covid-19) epidemic times we have alm...
      Date2020.02.15 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views960 file
      Read More
    4. 5315(III)_Perpetual profession sharing by Fr. Bob Zarate, SDB

ALA_5315 "I was part of Don Bosco dreams!" By Fr. Bob Zarate Manila - Philippines, 12 February 2020 - Fr. Robert Paul (Bob) Zarate (49 years, native of Manila and a Bosconian), made his final profession as a Salesian of Don Bosco in Manila ...
      Date2020.02.13 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views732 file
      Read More
    5. 5313(III)_Lunar New Year celebration for Vietnamese

ALA_5313 Don Bosco School of Theology (DBST), Parañaque, Philippines By Br. Thien Phong, SDB Parañaque, Manila, 9 February 2020 -- With permission of Don Bosco Parañaque’s superiors, on the 1st day of the lunar new year, the year of the rat...
      Date2020.02.10 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views611 file
      Read More
    6. 5313(II)_Don Bosco Day Celebrations Survive Taal Volcano

ALA_5313 By SOCCOM FIN Canlubang, Laguna, the Philippines, 31 January 2020 -- Don Bosco College - Canlubang always celebrates the Feast of St. John Bosco with great solemnity and in style. This year's theme, "Towards Greater Faith", was cho...
      Date2020.02.10 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views792 file
      Read More
    7. 5304(IV)_Don Bosco Calauan kicks off Monthly Youth Formation

ALA_5304 By John Lester Dela Cruz Calauan, Laguna, the Philippines, 25 January 2019 -- In time for the upcoming feast of St. John Bosco, the Youth Center of Don Bosco Calauan kicks off a monthly formative event for young people. Dubbed as “...
      Date2020.01.28 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views595 file
      Read More
    8. 5295(II)_Breaking news from our Filipino Confreres

ALA_5295 Prayers requested! By Fr. Elu FIN provincial economer Tagaytay, The Philippines, 13 January 2020 -- Dear Friends, As of the moment, Taal Volcano, situated in Taal Lake, in Tagaytay is erupting. Already declared as Level 3 eruption ...
      Date2020.01.14 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views1007 file
      Read More
    9. 5292(II)_A Personal Christmas Experience

ALA_5292 I had an Epiphany today! By Fr. Jose Armando Cortez ("Ding") FIN provincial delegate for the missions Pampanga, The Philippines, 6 January 2020 -- While I was saying Mass last Sunday in San Raphael Arkanghel Parish, a Sampaguita bo...
      Date2020.01.09 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views950 file
      Read More
    10. 5266(IV)_Typhoon causes severe damage to Salesian agricultural school in Legazpi, Philippines

ALA_5266 Appeal also launched to assist families By ANS Legazpi, Philippines, 4 December 2019 -- Super typhoon “Kammuri” is ravaging the Philippines at the moment causing serious disruption and four victims thus far due to the storm-force w...
      Date2019.12.04 CategoryFIN Reply1 Views1443 file
      Read More
    List
    Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 44 Next
    / 44