Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

20170213_CIN.jpg

Memoirs of the Oratory in the hands of Taipei Salesian Family

By Mrs. Jessica Li

Taipei, Taiwan, 11 February 2017 -- After the opening ceremony during last week our 2nd activity of our Golden Jubilee was a 'Salesian Family Day' on 11th Feb. We invited Fr. Domingos Leong Teng Kok, SDB from Hong Kong to introduce "Don Bosco’s Memoirs of the Oratory" which is so meaningful for us as part of Salesian family to understand more on Don Bosco’s saintly life.

We are so glad the Salesian Communities and Salesian Cooperators from Tainan, Nan Tao, Kaohsiung and Pingtung did join us on this very day. While helping Fr. Leong to prepare for seminar I asked "Father, do you require any tools for this seminar and talk?" He replied: "Oh, you all (=Taipei Parish) have already helped me by inviting Don Bosco here, there isn’t any greater tools I need!" Yes, we are honoured and privileged to have Don Bosco’s Relic with us the whole month!

Memorie dell’Oratorio (Memoirs of the Oratory) is a very important piece of writing by Don Bosco himself – why didn’t called it an 'Autobiography'? Don Bosco didn’t want it to be published and released out to the general public in the world, but he wanted it to be read only within Salesian Communities only. So why it was released after 1946 and published and translated to so many languages? Don Bosco will tell us the reasons and Fr. Domingos in his talk taught us how to read and understand this book.

20170213_CIN1.jpg

20170213_CIN2.jpg

20170213_CIN3.jpg