Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
CIN
2018.07.01 05:46

4775(III)_Be My Light!

Views 1638 Comment 0

20180701_CIN.jpg

Priestly ordination of Dcn Philip Huang Long-hsuan, SDB

By Fr. Anthony Pun, SDB

Tainan, Taiwan, 30 June 2018 -- By the prayer, imposition of hands and anointment of holy oil, Cardinal Zen, Salesian and Bishop emeritus of Hong Kong, ordained Rev. Deacon Philip Huang as priest forever. Cardinal Zen encouraged the newly ordained to proclaim the Gospel to the world even though it sometimes goes against us, and reminded him that he should have deep conviction and practice what he preaches.

The liturgy took place in the school hall of Tainan Salesian Technical School, of which Fr. Philip Huang is an alumnus. Besides the ordaining prelate Cardinal Zen, it is noteworthy that there were Mgr. Bosco Lin Chi-nan, Bishop of Tainan, Mgr. Joseph Cheng Tsai-fa, Archbishop emeritus of Taipei, Fr. Joseph Ng, the newly-installed Provincial, Fr. Lanfranco Fedrigotti, the previous Provincial, Fr. Honesto Geronimo, the vice provincial of the Philippines South Province and the novice master of Fr. Philip Huang and Fr. Fernando, the former professor of canon law in Ratisbonne, Jerusalem.

Fr. Philip Huang made his profession in 2007 in Cebu, the Philippines. Then he completed his philosophical studies (post-novitiate) in Shaukeiwan, Hong Kong, practical training in Tainan and theological studies in Ratisbonne, Jerusalem one years ago.

He has chosen as motto of his ordination the words of Jesus: “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” (Jn 8:12). Speaking out of his personal experience, both priests and lay peoples, who have received the light of Christ, are God’s instrument to reflect this Light in this world. Although the Catholic community in Taiwan remains small, taking up not more than 2% of the whole population, this little light would still shine forth in the midst of darkness.

The newly ordained will celebrate his first Mass in the following day in Mary Help of Christians Parish, which is located just opposite to the school campus.

20180701_CIN1.jpg

20180701_CIN2.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5173(III)_"To serve the young is to serve Jesus Christ!" 0

2. 5173(II)_Fr. Paul Fong, Confessor of Faith (1919-2019) went to heaven after meeting the Rector Major 0

3. 5171_Rector Major arrives in Hong Kong 0

4. 5170_The Rector Major’s Presence Makes Salesian Identity Sparkle 0

5. 5169_Rector Major pays visit to Fr Gaetano Nicosia's chapel 0

6. 5167(II)_"We should be present in this digital world" 0

7. 5167(I)_"To keep our family alive and our hearts youthful" 0

8. 5166(II)_"Congregation is much bigger than one province" 0

9. 5166(I)_In the heart to heart sharing 0

10. 5164(III)_China province welcomes the 10th successor of Don Bosco 0

List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 24 Next
/ 24