austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

austraLasia 1214

Sisters Announcers of the Lord: when SAL really means Salesian.

ROME: 28 July 2005 -- The Salesian Family has grown by one more, though for many who know the Sisters Announcers of the Lord in China Province, they have always been members of the Salesian Family. After all they were the result of the Spirit moving through the saintly Bishop Versiglia, who asked Fr Iganzio Canazei to draft a set of Constitutions which would reflect Don Bosco, on the one hand and St. Therese Lisieuz, patroness of the Missions, on the other.

Today, in Rome, the usual path to formal recognition as members of the Salesian Family came to fruition. The General Council, according to guidelines set out in ASC 305 in 1982 and finally established in ACG 363 in 1989 as norms, recognised not only the various aspects of

ecclesial recognition, lived experience of the Salesian vocation, growth both internal and in terms of spread, autonomy, but also the significance of this moment as the Salesian presence prepares to celebrate its centenary.

By no means a large group (the Sisters number 23, most in Hong Kong but one community in Calgary, Canada), it is also a fact that they have shown a steady growth since being incardinated in Hong Kong in 1958. They are always part of the Salesian Family activity and mission in Hong Kong, especially in education, have an ecclesial assistant who is a Salesian, and have had since the beginning - to which we can add the fact that their charismatic founder is a recognised Saint in the universal Church. There just was never any doubt that SAL meant

'Salesian' for these Sisters! Artcile 4 of their Regulations reads: "In every circumstance the members must serve the Lord in holy joy, proclaim the Gospel of the Kingdom with words and actions, and so tend to the ends established by the Founder: 'They will be distinguished for

their zeal in the salvation of souls and in giving greater glory to God'." It is all so redolent of St. John Bosco.The Spirit has made one final move, it seems, on behalf of the Salesian Family and the SAL, by way of a special gift for the centenary of the arrival of Bishop Versiglia in Macau. 

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 3823(I)_“First Proclamation” School Pastoral Assistant Workshop 4

2. 3802(I)_Gala Premiere of The Angel of the Lepers, Fr. Gaetano Nicosia 1

3. 3769(II)_Aspirantate in Hong Kong 2015 0

4. 3742(III)_Feast of Our Lady and Onam Festival - South Asia migrants 0

5. 3742(I)_Taipei, Rua Center of the Salesian Cooperators in action 1

6. 3741(III)_Fr. Gaetano Nicosia, The Angel of the Lepers 0

7. 3719(I)_DB200 - Same Origin, Dream, Commitment, Journey and Mission 1

8. 3715(II)_The largest pilgrim group from the EAO – China province Salesian Family 3

9. 3712(II)_Family spirit in the Global Salesian Village: CIN SYM leaders in SYM Don Bosco 2015 0

10. 3710(II)_On the feast of DB200 – “I pledge myself …” 0

List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next
/ 24