?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20180602_CIN.jpg

China province Brothers prepare for the 2018 EAO Congress

By Bro. Francis Lam Ying, SDB

Hong Kong, 1 June 2018 -- Also Salesian Brothers of the mother province (1906 - arrival of Fr. Versiglia to Macau) are in full swing with the preparation for the incoming 2018 EAO Salesian Brother Congress. Their recent meeting in Hong Kong - Cheng Chau island Oratory offers a deep insight in the Salesian charismatic dynamics.

Three Brothers (each from different country) and two priests (each from different country) were committed for 5 hours to the preparation dynamics: evaluation of the Action Plan 2006-2018, reflection on the Salesian vocation in two forms (reflection of Fr. Andrea Bozzolo) and reviewing the video interviews available now only in Chinese.

Probably the most loudly speaking talk was the venue itself - 6 years old Don Bosco Oratory, started by Br. Francis Lam Ying and now transferred in the second location. Through this Oratory the Salesian community of Cheng Chau is able to reach out the Youth at risk in this island and Brother Francis became also the provincial coordinator for the Oratory (most of them within the school environment).

Only 20 years ago the China province was blessed with the highest number of Salesian Brothers in our Region, now there is only one temporary professed Brother in Taiwan, the youngest among within Macau - Hong Kong has 63 years. In this alarming situation the participants with a positive spirit tried to identify the possible fruits of the EAO Congress. Some inspiring idea and sharing:

• Invest in the visibility of Salesian Brother within the vibrant vocation ministry in HK - Macau - Taiwan

• Continue the Brothers interview, both audiovisual or text on the Boscolink

• Direct involvement of the Brothers within the provincial animation, esp. formation and youth ministry

• Revive the annual Salesian Brother Day not only for Brothers but as province-wide occasion

• Foster the ongoing formation of Salesian Brothers: What kind of Salesian Brother for the youth of today?

• Relaunch the vocation discernment criteria for possible Salesian Brother vocation: prayer loving, hardworking, not easy to quit, solidarity spirit, intellectually strong, cheerful, serviceful and practical mindset.

• Continuous awareness 'Why is the Salesian Brother absolutely necessary in each community?'

Beside the EAO Brother Congress (August 9-12) the China province group will pay visit to the families of some Vietnamese missionary Brothers, to the novitiate and other formation houses.

20180602_CIN1.jpg

20180602_CIN2.jpg

20180602_CIN3.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5140(I)_Translation of Salesian texts is a never ending adventure 0

2. 5136(I)_We are One and Diverse 1

3. 5113(I)_Social Communication Workshop CIN 0

4. 5077(II)_Hong Kong Quarterly Meeting 0

5. 5074(III)_We shall continue to listen… to accompany the youth 0

6. 5071(II)_Six Bosconians baptized at Easter - ATS Hong Kong 0

7. 5030(I)_Learn to accompany 0

8. 5001(I)_Welcome to Taiwan! 0

9. 4961(I)_Salesian Priest Day 2018 in Hong Kong 0

10. 4894(I)_Salesian mission continues with renewed energy 0

List